diy solar

diy solar

Lister C/S with inverter generator hardware?

HowlerMonkey

Anyone tried it yet?

I think it would solve the frequency and voltage stability issues that get worse the slower you run a single cylinder generator.

I’ve seen people try heavier flywheels and end up with keyway wear issues.

Last edited:
I have an 8/1 I hope to get going some day. I think a permanent mag generator to a charge controller is the route I'm going to try first. Send it strait to the batteries.

There was a cool youtube video where I guy put magnets right on the flywheels and was using coils to pull strait from there. Pretty simple build. With a SCC, in theory you could run higher voltage which helps.

Trying to get around the frequency and voltage changes caused by the speed variation.
It seems easier to smooth it electrically than using massive flywheels.

I have a Lister 6/1, it powers a two Delta q 48v 18ah chargers, roughly 2000w. The delta q chargers do not care about frequency nor voltage, the Avr in the generator keeps the voltage close to 240vac and the hrz fluctuate between 55-60. Rpm with no load is 660 and under load its around 640rpm. I just start the lister and keep running off the inverters, my house load is around 15amps, so only charging at around 20amps so there is no need for a bms on the lead acid charging algorithm.

Back