diy solar

diy solar

LittoKala 100AH Cells

#hour and #mikejordan good to hear your cells are on the move!!! Mine still showing pending in FedEx tracking. Mike, you and I place order on same day. Hour, what date did you place your order if you don't mind?
I ordered Jan 9th.
Unfortunately mine didn't get delivered today despite being 45 minutes south of me. Last night it said scheduled delivery for today, now just shows pending. Fingers crossed that doesn't mean they got damaged :|

Hooray. They arrived. No visible bowing of cells, terminals seem ok without any metal bits to clean up. Hardware is cheap-thin bus bars and some standard screws. The wraps were in fine condition, the black sticker on top of the cells wasn't perfectly stuck down on each cell but they're still sticky. Will be fine once they warm up inside and I can stick them down again, and everything gets held on with bus bars. I did try to stack them and they don't sit perfectly flush so they aren't completely flat, but less than my 200ah "grade a" cells. Bus bars can still line up easily.

They were all at 3.00v which is lower than I've received before, but whatever. After they sit indoors for a bit i'll connect them in series and charge up to 3.5something vpc with my icharger x6 hobby charger-balancer, then parallel them and charge to 3.6vpc, then re-series connect and do an overall capacity check.

newbatts.jpg

Hooray. They arrived. No visible bowing of cells, terminals seem ok without any metal bits to clean up. Hardware is cheap-thin bus bars and some standard screws. The wraps were in fine condition, the black sticker on top of the cells wasn't perfectly stuck down on each cell but they're still sticky. Will be fine once they warm up inside and I can stick them down again, and everything gets held on with bus bars. I did try to stack them and they don't sit perfectly flush so they aren't completely flat, but less than my 200ah "grade a" cells. Bus bars can still line up easily.

They were all at 3.00v which is lower than I've received before, but whatever. After they sit indoors for a bit i'll connect them in series and charge up to 3.5something vpc with my icharger x6 hobby charger-balancer, then parallel them and charge to 3.6vpc, then re-series connect and do an overall capacity check.

View attachment 38710
Are they m6 screws? How long?

After inquiring about status of shipping my cells, and sharing that other orders placed same as mine (yours here on forum) have arrived in CA and making their way across the states, I received this response from Liitkala this morning:

"Dear customer, the parcel is expected to take about 15 days to arrive at the destination country and be delivered by FedEx with updated information. Please wait a little longer, you will certainly receive the package, thank you for your understanding!"

So, if I understand correctly, my order was not on same boat as yours, and my order has another 15 days to get to CA. Nothing to do but be patient at this point. Thanks all for sharing your cell status, and condition of received cells. Let's please keep the updates, status, and performance going so we can all benefit from each others experiences on these 100AH LiitoKala cells.

Regards,
Mike

BTW...what BMS is each planning to use for these 100AH LiitoKala cells. If using a Daly smart BMS, specifically please share your experiences of ease/challenges customizing the parameters. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Vin
BTW...what BMS is each planning to use for these 100AH LiitoKala cells. If using a Daly smart BMS, specifically please share your experiences of ease/challenges customizing the parameters. Thanks!!!
My plan is for Overkill Solar. I would have already ordered, but looking for the screw size

My plan is for Overkill Solar. I would have already ordered, but looking for the screw size
Sorry I had to go to the store and pick up some grub screws or whatever they're called. The threaded portion that comes with the crummy screws they sent is probably no more than 12mm. They are indeed M6. I ordered M6x25mm grub screws online as the hardware store didn't have anything longer than 20mm

After inquiring about status of shipping my cells, and sharing that other orders placed same as mine (yours here on forum) have arrived in CA and making their way across the states, I received this response from Liitkala this morning:

"Dear customer, the parcel is expected to take about 15 days to arrive at the destination country and be delivered by FedEx with updated information. Please wait a little longer, you will certainly receive the package, thank you for your understanding!"

So, if I understand correctly, my order was not on same boat as yours, and my order has another 15 days to get to CA. Nothing to do but be patient at this point. Thanks all for sharing your cell status, and condition of received cells. Let's please keep the updates, status, and performance going so we can all benefit from each others experiences on these 100AH LiitoKala cells.

Regards,
Mike
Mine must be on the same boat as yours. Still no update on fedex. Ordered Jan 16.

I am using the 100a battery hookup bms.

Ive got the Overkill Solar BMS with Bluetooth on order.

I ordered 20mm grub screws and serrated flange nuts. The screws that come with the batts are tiny. If you stack a buss bar, balance lead and load lead on a post, it doesn't look like there would be enough threads to grab onto the batt threads. That looks like a recipe for striping. You can see how tiny they are in my vid.

A little unboxing, and then top balance of the cells

Mine must be on the same boat as yours. Still no update on fedex. Ordered Jan 16.

I am using the 100a battery hookup bms.
Thanks for the feedback. I wish all had received their cells by now. But seeing yours are still showing "pending" lends confidence that we must be part of a followup shipment.

Thanks also for BMS feedback.

Staying patient,
Mike

Excellent video Mike! Looks like the cells were packed exceptionally well, were in perfect condition, and absolutely no reason to suspect anything less than new grade A cells. I presume after top balancing, you will be doing a capacity test. Looking forward to the results!

Also, looking forward to any feedback on the Overkill BMS!!!

Thanks to you and others on this thread for continuing to share their experiences on these cells. ???

Regards,
Mike

Excellent video Mike! Looks like the cells were packed exceptionally well, were in perfect condition, and absolutely no reason to suspect anything less than new grade A cells. I presume after top balancing, you will be doing a capacity test. Looking forward to the results!

Also, looking forward to any feedback on the Overkill BMS!!!

Thanks to you and others on this thread for continuing to share their experiences on these cells. ???

Regards,
Mike
The Overkill looks good on videos. I've seen lots of positive reports here. I really like the BT

I've got a 60amp load to put on it once the Overkill is installed. We will see what it does

Still waiting on my cells that I ordered 15 January. My patience is wearing thin. I again messaged Liitokala, just received this response.

"Dear customer, we contacted the Post Office and found that the parcel had arrived at the destination country, waiting for the customs to complete the inspection and then release it to FedEx to update the information for delivery. Please wait, you will receive the package, thank you for your understanding!"

So no choice but continue to be patient.

@Mike Jordan ... did you do your capacity test yet?

Mike

Last edited:
What are the dimensions of these cells? I am trying to decide on a waterproof case for use in a bass boat. Anyone have any recommendations?

What are the dimensions of these cells? I am trying to decide on a waterproof case for use in a bass boat. Anyone have any recommendations?
I am using this case. Sufficient room for volt meter, Cig and USB receptacles, a switch for outlets, and 5/16" battery posts.

Here is the link of the guy that already did this project...pretty slick. He used 80ah cells, but plenty of room for the 100ah cells and the meters, recepticles, switch, etc.

Mike

Last edited:
In 4s configuration the pack is about 5.5 x 5.5 x 8 inches

I actually used that listing to price match with another vendor on DHGate. He told me that there is no way he could match the price, and he didn't know how they could be selling those cells at that price for a profit, which leads me to believe that there is fuckery about. I've used my guy for a few orders, and the cells I've received all test at full capacity, and look new, so I paid a little more to go with my trusted vendor.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I actually used that listing to price match with another vendor on DHGate. He told me that there is no way he could match the price, and he didn't know how they could be selling those cells at that price for a profit, which leads me to believe that there is fuckery about. I've used my guy for a few orders, and the cells I've received all test at full capacity, and look new, so I paid a little more to go with my trusted vendor.

Look back a few posts. I have a unboxing video. The cells are as pretty as can be. My BMS has finally arrived. I'll do a capacity test as soon as I get hooked up. I'll post the results

Suggest seeing @hour post 52 and @Mike Jordan unboxing video post 59, and also looking at the many reviews...nearly 100% positive. Having said that, delivery of my cells are taking longer than others that ordered same cells. My cells seem to have arrived CONUS, and are delayed in customs. Sooo..."f*****y"? Not seeing anything credible to support that.

Check out my combo cell insulator/wire management, AKA cutting board

PROGRESS!!! My cells have made it through customs and are in possession of FedEx in Carson, CA. Very interesting. On same boat likely as the earlier orders here, but took roughly two weeks longer to get through customs. Had no choice but to be patient, and FINALLY seeing the log jam break loose. (y):giggle:

Last edited:
Has anyone found the data/specs for these Liitikala 100ah cells??? If so, could you attach to a post? Thank you...

I did a capacity test at 45 amps discharge using the BT app. The cells did a full 100ah pull, and were still discharging. ? I thought the BMS might record a negative, once it hit zero, but it did not. So I am not sure how much further it might have gone. I will hook up a hall sensor for better logging and run another capacity test in the next few days

IMG_8587.JPG

diy solar

diy solar
Back