diy solar

diy solar

Looking for 100W panel with width <=50cm / 19,685 inch

They're not at a great price right now (maybe you can find a different seller/site), but I believe the Renogy compact panels come in just under 500mm (498mm); https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JXYTFF7/ At least according to the label on the back of the panels - see the pictures in the reviews.

I actually have some of these myself and would be happy to measure later today if you like...

They're not at a great price right now (maybe you can find a different seller/site), but I believe the Renogy compact panels come in just under 500mm (498mm); https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JXYTFF7/ At least according to the label on the back of the panels - see the pictures in the reviews.

I actually have some of these myself and would be happy to measure later today if you like...
That would be great! Thank you!

Yeah, I guess it depends which version you get. I believe (still need to measure) at least some of the RNG-100D-SS are actually 498mm wide.

RNG-100D-SS_Label-1__31430.1587561800.png

The 100w panels listed on the Renogy website right now are; RNG-100D-SS-US, RSP100D-BK-US, and RNG-100MB-US which are all a little wider.

Incidentally, this thread might be of interest too... It looks like the HQST-100D-SS could be either 498mm or 509mm.

@Symbioquine, thank you that is helpful! It seems HQST and Renogy both had the 498mm version but now they sell the 507 version. Maybe they switched their supplier?
I wrote HQST, lets see what they say...

@Symbioquine, thank you that is helpful! It seems HQST and Renogy both had the 498mm version but now they sell the 507 version. Maybe they switched their supplier?

No problem. Hope you get it figured out - that sounds frustrating!

I'm glad my dimensional requirements haven't been nearly that specific with my ground-mounted system.

No problem. Hope you get it figured out - that sounds frustrating!

I'm glad my dimensional requirements haven't been nearly that specific with my ground-mounted system.
I built a Bimini that fits the 50cm panels exactly. And now the sizes of Renogy / HQST panels seems to have changed ?
I guess I should have ordered the panels first. But then shipping due covid wasn't exactly easy...

I'll find a solution, one way or the other...

Whelp... I got sidetracked and forgot to measure while I was near my system earlier this afternoon. It sounds like you've probably got your answer already, but I'll try to remember to measure tomorrow...

Whelp... I got sidetracked and forgot to measure while I was near my system earlier this afternoon. It sounds like you've probably got your answer already, but I'll try to remember to measure tomorrow...
I am very eager to find out the actual length and width for the Renogy RSP-100D, the one with the plastic corners. Website says 20'x43.3" but I have learned the hard way the advertised dimensions are not always accurate.

I bought the new RNG 100D and it turned out to be 20"x 42.5" which is different than both the old and new advertised dimensions. I need something 19.6" wide like the old RNG100D or something 20" wide that is not longer than 40"

I want to try these: https://ca.renogy.com/100-watt-12-volt-monocrystalline-solar-panel-black-frame/
Has anyone got one they can measure?

Back