diy solar

diy solar

Looking for answers about my Renogy Battery Monitor

djmcw2003

IMG_1515.jpgI'm wondering why this monitor would continue to show that power is draining from the battery (the two downward facing arrows and seen in picture) regardless that I have the DC / DC charging from alternator (engine running and DC/DC lights indicating that the battery is charging - see picture) or the shore power plugged in and the inverter / charger lights indicating that the charger is charging - see picture...that light was flashing btw!
The above happens with nothing running, except maybe small computer fan for cooling inverter and roof fan...
Also, when I reset the % and AH indicator to 100% (after charging) the % and AH will only drop, never go up with any amount of charging, is that normal? Do I need to reset every time I recharge?

Any feed back is appreciated,
Thanks,
Dave
IMG_1514.jpgIMG_1516.jpg

I am like 34.62% sure the two little arrows will flash when you are charging or discharging. I don't think there is two up arrows for instance.

1628625178935.png

I am like 34.62% sure the two little arrows will flash when you are charging or discharging. I don't think there is two up arrows for instance.

View attachment 59582
Well you obviously have a LOT more confidence than me to be THAT sure, but even now when I’m looking at the monitor, it shows the incoming power from the alternator, it shows the two arrows, but nothing is flashing! And the % and AH’s just keep dropping even after an hour long drive of charging…ahhh! Thanks!!

View attachment 59582

Well you obviously have a LOT more confidence than me to be THAT sure, but even now when I’m looking at the monitor, it shows the incoming power from the alternator, it shows the two arrows, but nothing is flashing! And the % and AH’s just keep dropping even after an hour long drive of charging…ahhh! Thanks!!

First time replying here, btw!!

Hmm, well the way I read it you -8.61 amps so you are discharging. I am away from mine but IIRC it shows a + or - depending on charge/discharge. So if you should be charging it is time to start investigating. Verify actual battery voltage. Verify voltage at the power source and at the DC to DC charger. Verify the current flow. Is there any way you have a load running?

First time replying here, btw!!
Sorry, my humor is lost on forums sometimes (it was funny in my head :p ). I was only commenting on the double arrow. I think it just notes power flow (in or out) and not the +/-. As mentioned above, it appears you are not getting power from either the alternator or shore power, at least not enough to cover your usage.

Back