diy solar

diy solar

Looking for wifi battery monitor for 2- 24v batteries.

I am looking for the same thing. My solar system is at my cabin in the Idaho mountains. For about 3 months of the year, its difficult to get to it unless I had a snowmobile. I keep the solar running year round in order to keep my security cameras going. I want to be able to have a wifi monitor for the solar system that I can see at home (or anywhere in the world for that matter). I barley have wifi -- for some strange reason, I have a very narrow path through the trees that sees a weak, but stable verizon cell tower. My solar runs the verizon mifi and my 7 solar security cameras all hook into the mifi. I would like to have a wifi capable monitor for the solar system. Its possible that I could just train one of security cameras on the system panel, but that seems kind of clunky. I can't believe there isn't such a product around. I have EP Ever.

use a raspberry pi zero-wifi and you can easily (well, relatively easy) set such a system up.
If you have a serial connection to your particular EP Ever you can probably upload everything you want.

I am looking for the same thing. My solar system is at my cabin in the Idaho mountains. For about 3 months of the year, its difficult to get to it unless I had a snowmobile. I keep the solar running year round in order to keep my security cameras going. I want to be able to have a wifi monitor for the solar system that I can see at home (or anywhere in the world for that matter). I barley have wifi -- for some strange reason, I have a very narrow path through the trees that sees a weak, but stable verizon cell tower. My solar runs the verizon mifi and my 7 solar security cameras all hook into the mifi. I would like to have a wifi capable monitor for the solar system. Its possible that I could just train one of security cameras on the system panel, but that seems kind of clunky. I can't believe there isn't such a product around. I have EP Ever.

Isn't this what you want?

EPEVER eBox WiFi 01 Remote Monitor RS485 to WiFi Adapter for Solar Panel Charge Controller Communication Wireless Monitoring by Mobile Phone APP (eBox-WIFI-01) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B088GY2...abc_3KZAEHA54881RZQKR0NV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for something a little bit more turn key, but I wouldn't mind digging into raspberry pi.

Thanks, C, but unfortunately the EP Ever wifi is only good for the local area. It transmits a local signal, up to 50m according to their description, but it doesn't tie into the internet. I contacted EP Ever and they said they are working on what I want, but it will be a while.

Back