diy solar

diy solar

looks like theyre doing 310AH batteries now for around same price as the 280.

unlikely.
Battery Size:72*174*204mm

This is idential to the 280ah sitting on the desk in front of me. I find it extremely unlikey that they crammed 10% more capacity in the same physical space. In addition the cell price is ~15% better than 280ah cells.

I would not be takeing the risk.

Looks like they're doing 310AH batteries now for around same price as the 280.
thoughts?anyone ordered these yet?
who is they?
aliexpress alibaba
  • Links are okay to post, its recommended to do so when you are referring to a specific product or seller or model.
  • The more specific the better
  • The "they" is not Aliexpress or Alibaba, these are marketplaces similar to Ebay or Etsy or a Flea Market.
Unlikely.

This is idential to the 280ah sitting on the desk in front of me. I find it extremely unlikely that they crammed 10% more capacity in the same physical space. In addition the cell price is ~15% better than 280ah cells.
I will never discourage reasonable skepticism, and in this case your skepticism is logical (a claim of more capacity for less $$ in the same package)

At the same time, aluminum cell manufacturers are pushing the 300Ah threshold from what I've heard, and pushing energy density incrementally.

For instance the:
Newer ETC 302 Ah cell: 72mm X 175mm X 207mm
Older ETC 277 Ah cell: 72mm X 175mm X 207mm

That said, I agree with your approach of skepticism, and agree that going out on a limb and buying unknown cells from an unkown sellers is risky.

side note: I believe there were a couple people who did recently purchase these (or similar) cells from a different supplier (Xuba maybe?) I don't recall specifics other than that they were >300Ah and I think made by CATL. So in 8 weeks or so we might be able to start getting some reviews/test results.

L.I.B.
Lookie Here
I think its highly likely (almost certain) these are B or C grade cells. From the pictures, you can see the QR codes have been scratched off, this is a pretty telling indicator usually. On the other hand many or all of the EVE cells purchased from discount resellers are very likely not A grade either so hard to say how they would stack up.

I'm lost.. :oops:

If you figure it out, let us (oldsters) know.
oldgit.gif

unlikely.

This is idential to the 280ah sitting on the desk in front of me. I find it extremely unlikey that they crammed 10% more capacity in the same physical space. In addition the cell price is ~15% better than 280ah cells.

I would not be takeing the risk.
Let's just call them all 300Ah. Rounded from 265

I'm looking forward to some threads from people testing these new cells.

People seem to like the 272Ah cells. Who knows maybe 310Ah cells will bring something special to the table.

There, I said something positive and not sarcastic

Wild speculation follows...
Maybe the design capacity is ~300ah and we just never see that realized.
Same as aviation grade bearings come off the same production line as automotive grade but just test better.

Back