diy solar

diy solar

Losing faith in Victron.

OffGridIdaho

Hobby Farm in N Idaho
My brand new Vic Multiplus 2 has factory created failures. I filed a claim on the 9th with Sig Solar and they sent an email to Vic with no response in 7 days. Seriously? A big dealer like SS cannot pickup the phone and get this handled? What if my system was down and 2 freezers thawing out full of meat. I am supposed to wait 2 weeks, 3 weeks, how long? I asked why they didnt call and they said they have no phone to call. Really?

I am close to dumping the whole Vic system for whatever I can get and going to another system. I am done buying victron and I will not recommend it any longer as well. They need to have a phone for support. This system of theirs is piss poor.

Youd think if the Victron warranty is all its cracked up to be, SS could send you a replacement knowing they will get a replacement. They could even take a CC authorization as collateral until yours is received.

I know its a crazy "customer first" philosophy that no longer exists but its nice to think about!

Maybe try tech support or reading the manual or describing the problem

what would lead you to believe it's factory created failures
Kinda hard to believe Being that most of their equipment is tested before it leaves a factory

Possibly use your error

They're not gonna send out the replacement without proof of a failure

Positive attitude goes a long way with customer service they deal with this crap every day

Maybe try tech support or reading the manual or describing the problem

what would lead you to believe it's factory created failures
Kinda hard to believe Being that most of their equipment is tested before it leaves a factory

Possibly use your error

They're not gonna send out the replacement without proof of a failure

Positive attitude goes a long way with customer service they deal with this crap every day
The problem has been duplicated on video and they say its valid. Why is it everyone assumes user error? I see these types of posts on every thread and they get old fast.

Youd think if the Victron warranty is all its cracked up to be, SS could send you a replacement knowing they will get a replacement. They could even take a CC authorization as collateral until yours is received.

I know its a crazy "customer first" philosophy that no longer exists but its nice to think about!
Thats a really good point. But I need them to check the serial number and run a a scope on the new unit. They sent me new old stock with an old serial number and built in problems they knew about. That they tried to fix, but the motherboard needed to be re-vamped in the new serials.

The problem has been duplicated on video and they say its valid. Why is it everyone assumes user error? I see these types of posts on every thread and they get old fast.
Can you post the video?

There’s this website called YouTube, I think it allows you to upload videos for others to view.

I watched a video of a Canadian installer who has been in business since the 80s and he said victron reputation was mainly from good marketing.

That creates confusion for me because if have a 150/45 and a smart shunt and I love both. I love their vrm portal and their Venus os .but I also see quite a few issues with their inverters.

Maybe we all get into the victron ecosystem because of vrm and smartshunts but maybe their inverters are not all that great?

Q
Because if we know what you have and what's happening, someone may be able to help you. Without that information, it's difficult to troubleshoot.

Thats a really good point. But I need them to check the serial number and run a a scope on the new unit.
What are they looking for?
They sent me new old stock with an old serial number and built in problems they knew about.
SS?
That they tried to fix, but the motherboard needed to be re-vamped in the new serials.
If this is a documented issue with a serial number range, were Victron Dealers not supposed to sell the older units???

Can you share the serial numbers affected and the problems associated?

Do you have an email from Victron admitting the problem exists?

This is a technical forum where we share technical information.

At the very least you need to share the technical information of what's wrong before delving into the emotional customer service stuff. This forum needs evidence and information before we'll dogpile onto a vendor or manufacturer.

What you're doing is akin to accusing someone of murder and telling everyone "get him" and expecting everyone to just do it because you so said without presenting any evidence that bro is guilty of murder.

If you are asking for help fixing a problem, you need to provide information.
If you are just venting, you may want to move this thread to the "Solar Equipment Review Corner" area.

My brand new Vic Multiplus 2 has factory created failures. I filed a claim on the 9th with Sig Solar and they sent an email to Vic with no response in 7 days. Seriously? A big dealer like SS cannot pickup the phone and get this handled? What if my system was down and 2 freezers thawing out full of meat. I am supposed to wait 2 weeks, 3 weeks, how long? I asked why they didnt call and they said they have no phone to call. Really?

I am close to dumping the whole Vic system for whatever I can get and going to another system. I am done buying victron and I will not recommend it any longer as well. They need to have a phone for support. This system of theirs is piss poor.
Oh good grief who buys stuff from SS that you can get from Current Connected? Will people ever learn? Especially when the price is the same.

Looks like the OP is probably talking about a noisy fan issue on a MPII - he has another thread posted on the 1st with info on it.

Maybe it is something different this time - his other posts tend to be "energetic" to say the least - so this one is calm compared to that.

So its not Victron.
But a dealer .
Thake this contact and explain.

Wordwide
+31 (0)36 5359700
sales@victronenergy.com

Just contact sales .

diy solar

diy solar
Back