diy solar

diy solar

LV6048 or GroWatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV

John Schmidt

Hi. I need to pull the trigger in a couple of days on a LV6048 or GroWatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV.

Both seem very good. I like the LV6048, but the max VDC input of 145vDC sure is limiting for the runs that I need to make (200+ feet). The dual MPPT controllers are nice.

The GroWatt has a higher VDC input of 250v, but only has one MPPT controller. Not a big deal really, in my case.
The GroWatt can communicate with my EG4 batteries, but the LV6048 is fine with them as well.

The LV6048 seems to be a better product, and is said to have a better interface and documentation.

Either should be able to start a deep well pump.

What are your thoughts? Any other pros and cons with these models?

Your opinions are much-appreciated.

Thank-you.

John, which one of these did you pick?
I had a last minute change of plans, and went with two GroWatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES. If I had to choose between the LV6048 and the GroWatt 6000T, I would have gone with the GroWatt because I need the 250v input for my long runs. Sure do like the LV6048 though, if I was roof mount.

I have been struggling with this question for a couple of months now. I finally pulled the trigger on two of the LVX6048.

Understood.

Are you happy with the two SPF LVM-ES units? Everything working well?
The two SPF LVM-ES units are still in the box. I have a GroWatt 5000 LVM-ES and autotransformer mounted and ready to fire up, but hesitated on that as well until I understood how to properly install them. It was an excellent learning experience about grounding and safety requirements when using autotransformers, but with off grid inverters as well.

I have been struggling with this question for a couple of months now. I finally pulled the trigger on two of the LVX6048.
I think that that the LVX was a great choice. What a beast! A bit pricey, but you get a lot for the $$.

Was also looking at both the LVX6048 and the SPF 6000T and I went with the Growatt

Here is a guy that replaced the LVX with the Growatt

I chose the LVX6048 because it appears to be more grid friendly, is stackable, and has the higher DC panel voltage. The inverters are actually the cheapest part of the equation, so worse case if they don't work out, they will migrate to the garage and replaced the LV2424. I almost thought about getting one of each. Would have been interesting to set them up equal and see which one performs better.

Was also looking at both the LVX6048 and the SPF 6000T and I went with the Growatt

This guy is totally off grid so less worries about n/g bonding or how to connect the neutrals from the grid.

Back