diy solar

diy solar

LV6548... Shutting down after 20 seconds...

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
I'm trying to figure out how to take these units out of split face mode I have four of them that were previously used in split phase mode...

And now when they boot up they're expecting to see the other phase and when they don't see it they shut down

Takes about 20 seconds to shut down but I need to figure out how to keep them turned off

You might be able to supply AC in power or PV power to keep the inverter on longer in order to make the change. Either that or you just have to move really quickly.

You need to go into the menu and change option 28 to SIG, but that change has do be done in standby mode. So you’ll have to press the power button to turn the unit on, then press it again to turn it off (standby mode). Then quickly go through the menu.

You might be able to supply AC in power or PV power to keep the inverter on longer in order to make the change. Either that or you just have to move really quickly.

You need to go into the menu and change option 28 to SIG, but that change has do be done in standby mode. So you’ll have to press the power button to turn the unit on, then press it again to turn it off (standby mode). Then quickly go through the menu.
I must have been into it, that is to say standby mode... I was able to get to menu 28 but not able to affect any change

I must have been into it, that is to say standby mode... I was able to get to menu 28 but not able to affect any change
What was option 28 set to? You'll have to select option 28, change to SIG and hit the "enter/select" button to save the value, then back out of the menu.

What was option 28 set to? You'll have to select option 28, change to SIG and hit the "enter/select" button to save the value, then back out of the menu.
I forget exactly what the setting was but it seemed to be a two-phase setting of some sort... When I get everything actually set up I do plan to use it in two phase... But for now I just want to test all four units and single phase to make sure that they're functioning

I forget exactly what the setting was but it seemed to be a two-phase setting of some sort... When I get everything actually set up I do plan to use it in two phase... But for now I just want to test all four units and single phase to make sure that they're functioning
Makes sense. Then you'll have to switch them all to SIG. Keep in mind if the button on the front of the inverter is pressed in (turned on) option 28 will not save.

Makes sense. Then you'll have to switch them all to SIG. Keep in mind if the button on the front of the inverter is pressed in (turned on) option 28 will not save.
How do you save the setting? I can change it to SIG But I'm not quite sure about the saving processBut I'm not quite sure about the saving process

Okay I was able to get all four of them reprogrammed and tested... One thing I did notice is that the first time you connect to these units you have to flick the breaker once or twice ... I assume that's because large capacitors are filling up and there's too much inrush current for the breaker?

Anyway all four of them did it so I'm willing to bet that it's accurate

Okay I was able to get all four of them reprogrammed and tested... One thing I did notice is that the first time you connect to these units you have to flick the breaker once or twice ... I assume that's because large capacitors are filling up and there's too much inrush current for the breaker?

Anyway all four of them did it so I'm willing to bet that it's accurate
Glad to hear you got them all changed.

When connecting to battery power after they've been disconnected, you'll want to pre-charge the capacitors inside the inverter to avoid any current inrush issues. There's been some reports of people blowing caps inside the inverters because they don't pre-charge them first.

Back