diy solar

diy solar

Lvx6048 or lv6548 ? Pros and cons?

73powerstroke

Solar Enthusiast
So im interested in these as well as the original lv6024 . My concern is the battery charger of lvx6048 I saw will bridge l1and l2 on a older lv5048 rather than supply 240v split .
I like the higher pv voltage and low frequency inverter? Or is it really low?and 240v split. I could run my ham radio 240v amplifier or maybe a wirefeed welder. Or smaller Lincoln arc welder. I don't think it would run either of my big miller tig machines. But I like the 240v split on one box. So does that mean the 6k is 3k per leg? The charge controller seems odd. Like there's a 27amp pv input limit? And less compared to the lv6548.
I think the 6548 has more solar capability with 2 bigger cc but less pv input voltage?
Ul tuv listed maybe.
I'm trying to figure it out as I'm not pleased with this hv lv2424 and the 2kw solar input despite the supposed 80a cc. Plus will has convinced me that 48v is way better. And the battery less operating sound very cool. I watch Ian 247watts do a battery less weld with the yellow box. I don't think he was using 240v However. My welders are all 240v.
So anyway I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons. I'm done with 12v and 24v. Too much current. Too much wire. Forget that mess

Back