diy solar

diy solar

Lv6548 LED Light flicker

If you type in Gavin Stone DIY it should come up.

Yeah Lithium Solar did a review on the new LV’s. Really high idle consumption for what you get there. I think you’ll enjoy the LV’s. I ran my entire house with them.

If you type in Gavin Stone DIY it should come up.

Yeah Lithium Solar did a review on the new LV’s. Really high idle consumption for what you get there. I think you’ll enjoy the LV’s. I ran my entire house with them.
Thanks. I watched your reviews. Great to watch your feedback on them, much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. What is the name of your channel?
MPP solar has a new version LV6548V which has 390V PV input. I have seen someone review them on youtube, they seem to have higher ldle consumption with more fan noise as well.
The one I bought is the regular LV with 250V Max PV, which should be okay for my application. I plan on having 2 strings of PV about 130V each string.
I run a pair of LV6548's purchased in December 2021. I had purchased these, never installed them, then decided to move my array and wanted a higher VOC limit so purchased a pair of EG4 6500EX's. I could not fix the flickering light problem and voltage fluctuations even with replacement 6500EX's, yet I installed the LV6548's and never had a flicker. I did install a pair of the EG4 100A MPPT's so I could still run higher VOC and I don't use the MPPT's in the LV6548's. The EG4 100A MPPT's are waiting on a firmware update to fix a F01 code that sets intermittently, other than that the pair do work well.

Whether the LV6548's had hardware and firmware changes since I purchased mine, I can't say. The LV6548V does have a higher idle amp draw. I never updated the firmware in my LV6548's either, I don't even know if an update exists as these just work. They run my entire house, I've not had a single problem with the LV6548's.

I run a pair of LV6548's purchased in December 2021. I had purchased these, never installed them, then decided to move my array and wanted a higher VOC limit so purchased a pair of EG4 6500EX's. I could not fix the flickering light problem and voltage fluctuations even with replacement 6500EX's, yet I installed the LV6548's and never had a flicker. I did install a pair of the EG4 100A MPPT's so I could still run higher VOC and I don't use the MPPT's in the LV6548's. The EG4 100A MPPT's are waiting on a firmware update to fix a F01 code that sets intermittently, other than that the pair do work well.

Whether the LV6548's had hardware and firmware changes since I purchased mine, I can't say. The LV6548V does have a higher idle amp draw. I never updated the firmware in my LV6548's either, I don't even know if an update exists as these just work. They run my entire house, I've not had a single problem with the LV6548's.
Based on the online information on both MPPT Solar website and youtube, the firmware update seems to only address the issue of non-inverter type generator, so if you are not running this type of generators as a backup, then no update is needed.

Based on the online information on both MPPT Solar website and youtube, the firmware update seems to only address the issue of non-inverter type generator, so if you are not running this type of generators as a backup, then no update is needed.
The big question is whether any other changes were made to hardware/firmware on the later manufacture dates. I asked Ian at Watts247 about it the other day but he never answered that question in his reply.

I see in one of your videos running 4S2P arrays, how are you doing this without going over the Isc amp limit? Are you able to stay below the 18amp or are you losing input due to inverter clipping to18a?

I see in one of your videos running 4S2P arrays, how are you doing this without going over the Isc amp limit? Are you able to stay below the 18amp or are you losing input due to inverter clipping to18a?
I never ran 4S2P. I either ran 4S or 8S. The only clipping was the 6500EX as the string was over 4Kw which was the max rated input of the MPPT. The EG4 MPPT100A-48HV is rated for 5500W which allows full string output to be harvested.

The reason for higher voltage strings is 10AWG wire. Using 8AWG with 4 strings of 4S would have cost me $2600. Using 10AWG with 2 strings of 8S cost $600.

Most efficient is keep voltage high, amps low.

I never ran 4S2P. I either ran 4S or 8S. The only clipping was the 6500EX as the string was over 4Kw which was the max rated input of the MPPT. The EG4 MPPT100A-48HV is rated for 5500W which allows full string output to be harvested.

The reason for higher voltage strings is 10AWG wire. Using 8AWG with 4 strings of 4S would have cost me $2600. Using 10AWG with 2 strings of 8S cost $600.

Most efficient is keep voltage high, amps low.
It was a video for Gavin Stone showing his array. I was replying to his comment.

Reactions: Zwy
Back