diy solar

diy solar

M 4 solarpanel mounting connector's

MassEffect

I'm looking for MC4 connector's that can be put on a combiner box so I can just snap the MC4 cables right up to a combiner box. Does anyone know where I would be able to locate 4 of them? Alibaba has some but I'm not comfortable with starting an account there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You!

I’ve seen what you’re talking about, but may have been off the same add you found. Was defiantly not google.

To me, looks as if you could drill a hole through a project box and put the male / female end on the outside, and the nut on the inside:

E081653F-9C6E-4920-AEBB-4DCA42ADCD81.jpeg
Unless it’s something you need to conncect and disconnect all the time, I prefer to run the cable into the box through a cable gland.

I agree! There other way's to be sure...I may or may not need to diconnect frequently, howeever a Disconnect breaker before the charge controller will have the same result! I just liked the idea of the set up for convience and the sppearance! I appreciate your response!

Amazon has connectors like you want. In one case there are 4 connectors mounted to a two gang box for around $45.00. You could just remove the connectors and install them in your combiner box.

I agree! There other way's to be sure...I may or may not need to diconnect frequently, howeever a Disconnect breaker before the charge controller will have the same result! I just liked the idea of the set up for convience and the sppearance! I appreciate your response!

MC4 connectors are not supposed to be disconnected on live circuits. So some other means should shut the circuit down, like disconnecting at night or tripping a breaker.

Amazon has connectors like you want. In one case there are 4 connectors mounted to a two gang box for around $45.00. You could just remove the connectors and install them in your combiner box.
I don't suppose you have the link for the page they are listed on do you? I searched for hour's and decided to just remove the MC4's and put a small box up andinstall busbar's and just hardwire them.

MC4 connectors are not supposed to be disconnected on live circuits. So some other means should shut the circuit down, like disconnecting at night or tripping a breaker.
To be sure...if I remove the MC4 connector's from the cable's...believe me they won't be live!!!

Back