diy solar

diy solar

M8 post to Battleborn style post adapter

Rx2fish

Battleborn batteries have bolt thru posts. These are apparently a superior connection method. Chins, Renogy, and other cheaper batteries use an M8 bolt as a post, which appear more fragile and sensitive to bolt length etc. I am searching for an adapter, such as a Battleborn style bolt thru post that has an M8 threaded end to screw into my Renogy battery. Has anyone found these or would like to make some?

Attachments

• PXL_20230706_155116531.jpg
    PXL_20230706_155116531.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2
Battleborn batteries have bolt thru posts. These are apparently a superior connection method.

Says who? They might be better for torquing the shit out of a connection with reduced risk of damaging the battery terminals, but they're not necessarily better for a better electrical connection.

Chins, Renogy, and other cheaper batteries use an M8 bolt as a post, which appear more fragile and sensitive to bolt length etc. I am searching for an adapter, such as a Battleborn style bolt thru post that has an M8 threaded end to screw into my Renogy battery. Has anyone found these or would like to make some?

This is likely a bad idea.

Contact surface and pressure are what makes a good connection. By using an adapter like that, you are limiting terminal contact area to the threads, which is a notoriously bad way to make electrical connections.

A properly torqued, clean and flat connection will provide superior conductivity over what you propose.

Back