diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

Does anyone have existing grid tie PV inverters in use with these inverters? The manual has zero mention of AC coupling. The inverters seem to be pretty nice, with the exception of the firmware/software which is typical of the imported inverters.

I have a need to add batteries to existing grid tied systems. The only solutions that appear solid/trouble free are outback/schneider for my AC coupled usage due to KW in/out required. I am drawn to these inverters due to larger KW output on the larger models. I have a project with 3 x 6.0KW SMA GT's and wanted to try and reuse the GT's, but appears that rewiring to DC coupling would be the only solution with the Megarevo's. Even with other solutions I planned on rewiring 1 or 2 GT's and trying to keep a mix of both DC and AC Coupling.

Last edited:
If your grid has that high voltage, you should contact your utility company.
There should be a transformer close to your home where they could adjust the ratio between input/output.
The nominal voltage should be 120 volt per split phase so 240 volt together. Your 2 x 133 = 266 volt.
That is almost 11% over the nominal voltage.

I found this document with some searching:

So it seems your 11% is way out of line.
Hence my suggestion to contact your utility company.
Not something you should adjust on your inverter IMO.

*UPDATE*
I just saw your location is not the USA so your local conditions might be different. Check with your local utility.
L-L voltage is not 266 but in this case 223 or something. The location has a 2phase 2x127/220v supply (2 phases out of 3)
At this moment both legs are 130v, didnt trigger overvoltage yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_071104_SOLARMAN Business.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_071104_SOLARMAN Business.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 15
I re-read your sentence multiple times but I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say.
Could you elaborate a bit please ? (non-native english speaker here)

I re-read your sentence multiple times but I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say.
Could you elaborate a bit please ? (non-native english speaker here)

We are two non native english speaker and mine probably is worst lol.

I can export because I have Net Metering.

My inverter most of the time supply 200-300w from the grid constantly even when my battery was charged in the night or my production was high enough to charge the battery and supply the Loads.

Now is not doing that. The inverter is using the battery and production to supply the loads and there is nothing from the grid.

One of the pictures show 200w from the grid even my production was high and the second one with the firmware update is not doing that.

Attachments

• 23AC1135-8CC9-4265-862D-60AD40D4C43E.png
    23AC1135-8CC9-4265-862D-60AD40D4C43E.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 0A71DB25-28AF-401E-8D43-556E9A28F148.png
    0A71DB25-28AF-401E-8D43-556E9A28F148.png
    445.1 KB · Views: 21
My inverter most of the time supply 200-300w from the grid constantly even when my battery was charged in the night or my production was high enough to charge the battery and supply the Loads.

Now is not doing that. The inverter is using the battery and production to supply the loads and there is nothing from the grid.

One of the pictures show 200w from the grid even my production was high and the second one with the firmware update is not doing that.
I am running the latest software.
I still see what you are describing.
This is a graph from my smart meter, so real power from/to grid over the last hour after sun set:
Screenshot from 2023-01-30 19-54-25.png
about 5 minute intervals, still 420 watt into the grid.

When I look at my sense unit where I can see per phase, i see this:

Screenshot_crop.png
one of the phases is pulling power, the other is putting energy in the grid (from the battery)

Not Good [TM]

I am running the latest software.
I still see what you are describing.
This is a graph from my smart meter, so real power from/to grid over the last hour after sun set:
View attachment 132366
about 5 minute intervals, still 420 watt into the grid.

When I look at my sense unit where I can see per phase, i see this:

View attachment 132367
one of the phases is pulling power, the other is putting energy in the grid (from the battery)

Not Good [TM]
Damn, I hope the next version with advanced settings will solve that.

Last edited:
A reboot should clear the error in the interim, but you'll have to know the loads to predict why its happening. Are you using the solarman wifi adapter? Can you share the consumption graphs?

Is anyone able to Remote Control their inverter thru solarman Pro/Business interface? I see you can set peak shift times and toggle EPS, etc thru the Home solarman interface, but it says not available when I try to access thru Pro. Is this a limitation of these other interfaces?

Is anyone able to Remote Control their inverter thru solarman Pro/Business interface? I see you can set peak shift times and toggle EPS, etc thru the Home solarman interface, but it says not available when I try to access thru Pro. Is this a limitation of these other interfaces?
I am not sure you can but the dongle does have the ability to do that. Which is what I was kinda worrisome for me, having a device ran off a server in China with the ability to control the power at my house. This is one of the many reasons I got rid of the wifi dongle and only went with modbus serial connection on a local device.

Its a bummer because I like the pro interface better, but home seems to give more options. As far as the Chinese companies, you can either delete them from the dongle or thru solarman interface. Although I'm not sure if that completely locks out their access.

Its a bummer because I like the pro interface better, but home seems to give more options. As far as the Chinese companies, you can either delete them from the dongle or thru solarman interface. Although I'm not sure if that completely locks out their access.
I have found, like most iot Chinese things, they always put a back door in there for data gathering.

For those of you who have one would you buy it again? And is the blue sun BSE-8KLNA the same inverter ( can use megarevo updates). I got bit by the LVX6048 and looking for a replacement

I have 2 of them and would personally buy another. There are grid-tie issues that others are facing, but I'm hopeful that these will one day get resolved. I bought my 2 units for parallel use before parallel firmware was released, but was promised. MR did deliver on the parallel firmware, and later delivered on the generator firmware. I feel that the hardware is reliable and up to the task to be a solid performer, it just needs a bit more work on the software side. Its unfortunate that these issues weren't resolved before released, but I'm glad they're continuing to release firmware updates.

Thank you for that, that's kind of what I learned from this thread. The Lvx6048 kind of had the same growing pains. I bought 1 with intent to add a second if needed but they can't get them to parallel properly and quit updating firmware.
my monthly avg 15 min peak is 5.5-6.3kw so I think one of these would work well

I don't have any real gripes with mine either. May look to buy another to parallel. As mentioned, solid platform for the cost, but development on the firmware has been slow. Promising that there has been re-badging. Puts hope in that the support does not end like it sounds with other makes.

For those of you who have one would you buy it again? And is the blue sun BSE-8KLNA the same inverter ( can use megarevo updates). I got bit by the LVX6048 and looking for a replacement
It does have some bugs but for its price point and features it’s a lot of bang for the buck. I’d buy again

Would never consider buying one UNLESS you have a local retailer/distributor. The most support you can expect from Megarevo is sending you firmware. Warranty direct is worth nothing. Buggy firmware, poor documentation. It does look solidly built, and it's very heavy. Looks like every other shipment comes with broken Cts, which are loose in the box.

Back