diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

I am still using it, it is functioning at a basic level.
This is based on my own experience, not on Will's video btw:

As soon as I want to do some fancy stuff I run into limitations.
Communication with MR is a farce.
Language problems, getting no answers to specific questions. MR stops responding all together, even after sending followup reminders.

I stopped advising this unit to others.
I am advising to use LuxPower instead.
As long as it works, it will stay in my setup.
Would not buy again :-(
Weird. I have 2 of them now and don’t have any issues with it. I only use modbus communication and have a home automation computer keeping tabs on them. Maybe I have a couple that weren’t built on a Monday or Friday lol

Weird. I have 2 of them now and don’t have any issues with it. I only use modbus communication and have a home automation computer keeping tabs on them. Maybe I have a couple that weren’t built on a Monday or Friday lol

Same here. I am only doing basic. I have not tried anything beyond basics as @fromport mentioned. Knock on wood, my two work perfectly and the only downtime is from when I was messing with (crap) firmware. I am not using them "properly" since I am off-grid and have to use Lead-Acid battery mode (could this be renamed to "Manual" or "Custom"?), but they get the job done for very low cost. I import JK BMS and MR Modbus data directly to my HomeAssistant and both have been solid.

Does anyone else have a newer one with the touch screen like mine from GSL?

Attachments

• C8807B3E-09FE-45A0-889A-7234A3EE03CB.jpeg
    C8807B3E-09FE-45A0-889A-7234A3EE03CB.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 28
I’ll see what version it has today when I go to the other property. I kept it on the same version it was shipped with and haven’t had any problems

System is in Self Consume with enough Production to feed the Loads and charge the battery but for some reason is purchasing energy from the grid. I need to export energy so I cannot go offgrid.

View attachment 131140
Hello. Could you tell me what version of the firmware you are using in the inverter? Thank you

I’ll see what version it has today when I go to the other property. I kept it on the same version it was shipped with and haven’t had any problems
Hello. Could you tell me what version of the firmware you are using in the inverter? Thank you

I will be going to see Megarevo and talk with there engineers to get these issues solved. If you guys have anything you want me to bring up let me know. I have a pretty good list already but maybe you guys have other things I don’t know about.

Thread 'EG4 8k (Megarevo)'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-8k-megarevo.63150/
I been watching Will on YouTube and he has had a time with his inverter. I need to know if anyone has been able to get there unit to able to access A/C from the grid. Thanks
I bought the EG4 Hybrid unit so I could be able to use the grid as a back up to the batteries. But if I can program it to switch over the grid. I think that I would have been off getting a straight inverter. Has anyone been able get to work right?

Trying to help my 71 yr old dad get this thing up and running. He spent a good bit of their 401k on this trying to get some piece of mind against grid failures, etc. (Tried to get him to go with the SolArk 15k , but it was out of their budget... Not sure about this new EG4 18K either??)

*** If anyone has any insight on the setup, configuration changes that might help, please let us know ***

He's on the 2nd unit after the first was continuing to backfeed grid power even with Anti-Reverse (Zero export) enabled.

Discovered while helping with the swap out last weekend that one of the CTs from original setup was bad... Swapped out with a good one from new unit.

>> Latest 7/3/23 Working Update Post in Fw Thread here (fw v22) <<

****** Here's the setup *****

Reference Video that was used (nearly identical setup): Eg4's In House 8K Hybrid Inverter Setup & Commissioning video (w/Fw load & Battery rack rs485 BmS setup)

1x Eg4 8k (MegaRevo)
- grid Tied, anti Reverse enabled, critical loads panel on 'Load 1' . CTs on L1 & L2 with arrows toward inverter per Sig.Solar video above.
- On standard Self Consume mode

2x 2900w strings of Pv on home built rack (calculated at 2910w, 314vdc/9.27A)

6x Eg4 100ah 5kw 48v Battery rack with BmS

ISSUES SO FAR:

> Can't seem to get the inverter to consistently allow PV 1 & PV2 to produce/show full wattage... Seems to be getting limited to ~ 500w each... (& Fairly sunny day today when I took the screenshots. Have seen ~ 2400-2800w per PV at times previously).

> have had to switch to Battery Priority at times to get SoC back up b/c Self Consume will run down to 20-25% and not fully charge back up at any point.

> 1 bad CT from original setup. Swapped during install of replacement unit.

> Verified that manual has CT L1 and L2 Rj45 ports backwards by connecting one at a time and checking Grid current reading (silkscreen on ckt board is correct).
Screenshot_20230622_121313_Drive.jpg

> 2nd unit also seems to possibly be backfeeding the grid even with CTs toward inverter per Eg4's Setup Video above, with Anti-Reverse (Zero export) Enabled.

> Weird part is that the Solarman Wifi logger/app Graphic shows 'Grid Power' flowing back to the grid, even though 'Device Parameters' section shows Positive Wattage value ?? (Which one is Correct?)

Screenshot_20230623_200149_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_200128_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

** My understanding is that with CTs pointing in the correct direction, a Positive 'Grid Power' value indicates pulling power from the Grid and a Negative Value indicates sending power to the Grid ** (if I'm wrong please let me know. .. SolarMan app graphic seems to be the opposite of the Grid Power polarity value??)

edit:
with CTs pointed towards grid (per Markus at SigSolar below)... a Positive 'Grid Power' value indicates sending power to the Grid (
Export) and a Negative Value indicates pulling power from the Grid (Import) **

> EG4 8K manual shows CTs on every schematic diagram (4, I believe) with arrows towards the Grid, and it's even written out in text as well. Which way is actually correct? ... I went with them towards inverter b/c it made 'Grid Power' a positive value on 'Device Parameters' section when testing with PV & battery disconnected & it had to pull from grid. (& per Eg4 's Setup Video above...

edit:
per Markus at SigSolar (See below), CTs point towards the Grid as per manual.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
Latest EG4 8K info... Downloads | EG4 Electronics

And specifically the updated v1.4.0-1 EG4-8KEXP-240 manual (06-2023)

Signature Solar's EG4 8kv Hybrid
page

Attachments

• 20230530_234639.jpg
    20230530_234639.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Resized_20230323_160549.jpeg
    Resized_20230323_160549.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Resized_20230323_160743.jpeg
    Resized_20230323_160743.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • Resized_20230627_184804.jpeg
    Resized_20230627_184804.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I
Trying to help my 71 yr old dad get this thing up and running. He spent a good bit of their 401k on this trying to get some piece of mind against grid failures, etc. (Tried to get him to go with the SolArk 15k , but it was out of their budget... Not sure about this new EG4 18K either??)

*** If anyone has any insight on the setup, configuration changes that might help, please let us know ***

He's on the 2nd unit after the first was continuing to backfeed grid power even with Anti-Reverse (Zero export) enabled.

Discovered while helping with the swap out last weekend that one of the CTs from original setup was bad... Swapped out with a good one from new unit.

****** Here's the setup *****

Reference Video that was used (nearly identical setup): Sig Solar Eg4 8K Setup & Commissioning video (w/Fw load & Battery rack rs485 BmS setup)

1x Eg4 8k (MegaRevo)
- grid Tied, anti Reverse enabled, critical loads panel on 'Load 1' . CTs on L1 & L2 with arrows toward inverter per Sig.Solar video above.
- On standard Self Consume mode

2x 2900w strings of Pv on home built rack (calculated at 2910w, 314vdc/9.27A)

6x Eg4 100ah 5kw 48v Battery rack with BmS

ISSUES SO FAR:

> Can't seem to get the inverter to consistently allow PV 1 & PV2 to produce/show full wattage... Seems to be getting limited to ~ 500w each... (& Fairly sunny day today when I took the screenshots. Have seen ~ 2400-2800w per PV at times previously).

> have had to switch to Battery Priority at times to get SoC back up b/c Self Consume will run down to 20-25% and not fully charge back up at any point.

> 1 bad CT from original setup. Swapped during install of replacement unit.

> Verified that manual has CT L1 and L2 Rj45 ports backwards by connecting one at a time and checking Grid current reading (silkscreen on ckt board is correct).
View attachment 154185

> 2nd unit also seems to possibly be backfeeding the grid even with CTs toward inverter per Sig Solar, with Anti-Reverse (Zero export) Enabled.

> Weird part is that the Solarman Wifi logger/app Graphic shows 'Grid Power' flowing back to the grid, even though 'Device Parameters' section shows Positive Wattage value ?? (Which one is Correct?)

View attachment 154180

View attachment 154181

** My understanding is that with CTs pointing in the correct direction, a Positive 'Grid Power' value indicates pulling power from the Grid and a Negative Value indicates sending power to the Grid ** (if I'm wrong please let me know. .. SolarMan app graphic seems to be the opposite of the Grid Power polarity value??)

> EG4 8K manual shows CTs on every schematic diagram (4, I believe) with arrows towards the Grid, and it's even written out in text as well. Which way is actually correct? ... I went with them towards inverter b/c it made 'Grid Power' a positive value on 'Device Parameters' section when testing with PV & battery disconnected & it had to pull from grid. (& per Sig Solar

Thanks in advance!
CTs towards the grid. Like the manual says.
I went to Megarevo in China to talk to the engineers about all the problems we still have with the inverters and found out that the inverter can’t Zero Export. They said they can’t guarantee that the inverter wouldn’t sell back to the grid. I have been working with Megarevo for over a year now and have gotten nowhere with this company. We have changed our manual and spec sheet online since then to state this inverter does not Zero Export. We will take full responsibility for this problem if you could send me a private message with your info and we will take the inverter back no problem. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family

I

I went to Megarevo in China to talk to the engineers about all the problems we still have with the inverters and found out that the inverter can’t Zero Export. They said they can’t guarantee that the inverter wouldn’t sell back to the grid. I have been working with Megarevo for over a year now and have gotten nowhere with this company. We have changed our manual and spec sheet online since then to state this inverter does not Zero Export. We will take full responsibility for this problem if you could send me a private message with your info and we will take the inverter back no problem. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family

Thanks for the reply. I believe he (John 4178) has sent you a message already and plans to reach out directly later this week.(health issues to deal with)

** Not sure what a good grid tie replacement would be at this point... Looks like it's either EG4 18Kpv or SolArk 12k/15k if they can swing the extra cost.

Thanks for the reply. I believe he (John 4178) has sent you a message already and plans to reach out directly later this week.(health issues to deal with)

** Not sure what a good grid tie replacement would be at this point... Looks like it's either EG4 18Kpv or SolArk 12k/15k if they can swing the extra cost.
18k.

I

** Biggest issue at the moment with the EG4 8K is...
(CTs towards Grid, Self Consume, Grid & PV & Batt/BMS connected)

>> At night when, solar PV goes offline, the batteries do not charge from Grid without manually changing the mode from "Self Consume" to "Battery Priority".<<

I spoke with Brent yesterday at SigSolar while doing a little troubleshooting ... And I think we're a little closer to where we need to be. (definitely have to refer to the 8K's display panel and not rely on the Solarman Logger which is not quick enough on the updates to really see what's going on)

* Apparently there's a setting that's supposed to show up on the latest fw that may be keeping the battery from charging from the grid (PV only)
... Unfortunately the "Advanced Setup menu #16" isn't showing up (shows 'Generator Setup').

* Latest 2 fw files I have from EG4 downloads link in my prior post above is (which did load 2x successfully now) ...
- HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D02.out
... And ...
- hybrid_app8K_V14_20220907_gen.axf
and below is what solarman app shows is currently loaded...

>> What version do I actually have loaded?

>> What version will give the > '16.Advan Set' menu?
(Others are asking about it as well in the MR Fw thread)

Edit: My post in MR 8K Fw Thread

>> Latest 7/3/23 Working Update Post in Fw Thread here <<

Resized_20230627_174217.jpeg

Screenshot_20230627_155712_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_170313_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
** Biggest issue at the moment with the EG4 8K is...
(CTs towards Grid, Self Consume, Grid & PV & Batt/BMS connected)

>> At night when, solar PV goes offline, the batteries do not charge from Grid without manually changing the mode from "Self Consume" to "Battery Priority".<<

I spoke with Brent yesterday at SigSolar while doing a little troubleshooting ... And I think we're a little closer to where we need to be. (definitely have to refer to the 8K's display panel and not rely on the Solarman Logger which is not quick enough on the updates to really see what's going on)

* Apparently there's a setting that's supposed to show up on the latest fw that may be keeping the battery from charging from the grid (PV only)
... Unfortunately the "Advanced Setup menu #16" isn't showing up (shows 'Generator Setup').

* Latest 2 fw files I have from EG4 downloads link in my prior post above is (which did load 2x successfully now) ...
- HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D02.out
... And ...
- hybrid_app8K_V14_20220907_gen.axf
and below is what solarman app shows is currently loaded...

>> What version do I actually have loaded?

>> What version will give the > '16.Advan Set' menu?
(Others are asking about it as well in the MR Fw thread)

View attachment 154686

View attachment 154677

View attachment 154678
I have a new version that has ac couple on it. But The AC couple doesn't work properly, so I cant release it. This has advanced settings on it so you can set that up. But i was also to your AC DOD is suppose to be that setting your needing as well.

I have a new version that has ac couple on it. But The AC couple doesn't work properly, so I cant release it. This has advanced settings on it so you can set that up. But i was also to your AC DOD is suppose to be that setting your needing as well.

Well I believe I have got this working using the MegaRevo v22 Fw with advanced settings menus, Via Grid Charge Enable and Time Of Use Schedule...

>> Latest 7/3/23 Working Update Post in Fw Thread here <<

Last edited:
Anyone willing to clarify what's I see via the monitoring app as to why realtime graphic shows 540w of solar production ... But the device statistics at the same time shows 1110w of combined PV input?
Why the difference? Where the rest going?
20230705_165448.jpg

20230705_165623.jpg

Back