diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

I have had two good days now and am feeling a bit more comfortable. But I have one issue that I don't know if its setting, hardware or software. Everything works on the screen except the parameters on all the information such as PV volts/watts, inv output, ect. lock up and don't show current status/data without rebooting.

When you hit the enter button, right most button, there is a little icon that shows in the upper right lcd. Looks like an cylinder or round battery cell. Any idea what the icon means? Hit the button again and it goes away.

How often is it locking up and requiring a reboot?

I think I read it in the thread that disappeared, but have you guys measured to see how much this inverter itself is drawing at idle? I'm assuming you guys are all using the 8k model? Have there been ANY firmware updates or even attempts to better explain the menus and features?

I am showing for the past 6 hours, in bypass mode, an average of 21 watts.

It was locking up over night. But yesterday it locked up again during the day. I rebooted last night and this morning it looks like it may be locked again. Now it appears that the data sent to Solarman is lacking.

When you say scrolls through the different screen, is this automatically? Mine never has done that. Stays locked on which ever one i am on locked or not. Sounds like more bugs.

I am showing for the past 6 hours, in bypass mode, an average of 21 watts.

It was locking up over night. But yesterday it locked up again during the day. I rebooted last night and this morning it looks like it may be locked again. Now it appears that the data sent to Solarman is lacking.

When you say scrolls through the different screen, is this automatically? Mine never has done that. Stays locked on which ever one i am on locked or not. Sounds like more bugs.
Yes. Automatic unless it's locked by pressing enter. That's what mine does. Mine doesn't monitor the produced power either. I don't remember the details. Maybe it reflects the power in ok, but no produced power or something like that.

Do you happen to know if any of the Deke NA models are UL listed (other than the SolArk variants)?
They are actually ul listed, this is from the 8k i have for sale...i have not installed this yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-172303_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-172303_Gallery.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 71
They are actually ul listed, this is from the 8k i have for sale...i have not installed this yet.
I am no expert but I don't see an indication of UL listing there. Unsurprisingly, the UL logo is missing as well and a statement about "compliance" with certain UL rules" means nothing.

I am no expert but I don't see an indication of UL listing there. Unsurprisingly, the UL logo is missing as well and a statement about "compliance" with certain UL rules" means nothing.
There might not be a logo but there is Certification also solark has there own certification as they made changes to the units.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-131146_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-131146_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220313-131205_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-131205_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220313-131231_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-131231_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 27
Which one of those is UL certification?
Did you open any and read any part? The certificate number is there...the product name/model is there...the effective date is there...after reading the document search "sgs" see if their certifications are any good.

url is blocked but here is a screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-133416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-133416_Chrome.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 14
Did you open any and read any part? The certificate number is there...the product name/model is there...the effective date is there...after reading the document search "sgs" see if their certifications are any good.
I opened all of them. Neither one is a UL certificate. And I can't find any Deye inverter in the UL database.

I opened all of them. Neither one is a UL certificate. And I can't find any Deye inverter in the UL database.
As i understand it deye has certification from sgs who certified the inverter to ul standards solark has the same certification along with one from ul for the logo..deye was selling the inverter in the na market so the cert was advantageous why they didn't go straight to ul i cant say but sgs is able to give "ul" standard certification. I tried to post the link but it is blocked. Ul is the most recognized testing facility but not the only.

The link works. Being certified to certain UL standards is a good thing, just not the same as the product as a whole being tested and listed by UL. I wouldn't argue if that would be or wouldn't be sufficient for a specific purpose, just that it's not UL listed.

Knock on wood, but the Megarevo appears to not handle or is a bit buggy when running without a battery. Got battery set up today. For some reason it changed all my setting. Even the grid type changed to CN and 220v. Once ironed out without any noticeable damage I am up and running.

Seplos BMS is communicating with inverter via Canbus. Made a cable with pin 2 cut on one end.

Been reading the work modes over and over. I have the CT's at the input to the main breaker panel. From the main panel to the inverter. Then I have the EPS panel connected to Load 1. The manual says "supply load first, then the grid" I assumed "load" is Load 1. It appears that Load means from CT's and anything after the inverter, in my case Load 1. Does this sound right? Would like to supply Load 1 and charge battery first priority, then send power to the main panel. At night run the Load 1 panel off the battery and let grid supply the main panel. Maybe misunderstanding but Deye and Solark can do this? Manual also state Load 2 will be supplied by battery until not sufficient and then power down. I see no programming to say when "not sufficient" is. So at what SOC does this take place? Hopfully all a lack of firmware updates.

Knock on wood, but the Megarevo appears to not handle or is a bit buggy when running without a battery. Got battery set up today. For some reason it changed all my setting. Even the grid type changed to CN and 220v. Once ironed out without any noticeable damage I am up and running.

Seplos BMS is communicating with inverter via Canbus. Made a cable with pin 2 cut on one end.

Been reading the work modes over and over. I have the CT's at the input to the main breaker panel. From the main panel to the inverter. Then I have the EPS panel connected to Load 1. The manual says "supply load first, then the grid" I assumed "load" is Load 1. It appears that Load means from CT's and anything after the inverter, in my case Load 1. Does this sound right? Would like to supply Load 1 and charge battery first priority, then send power to the main panel. At night run the Load 1 panel off the battery and let grid supply the main panel. Maybe misunderstanding but Deye and Solark can do this? Manual also state Load 2 will be supplied by battery until not sufficient and then power down. I see no programming to say when "not sufficient" is. So at what SOC does this take place? Hopfully all a lack of firmware updates.
What is your work mode? I beleve load is load and grid is grid. I haven't found a battery discharge depth setting fro EPS2.

What is your work mode? I beleve load is load and grid is grid. I haven't found a battery discharge depth setting fro EPS2.
I used Battery Priority to charge the battery. Then switched to Peak shift and set discharge time so I can try and cycle the battery with DOD at 0%. But running whole house at 15 amp discharge is going to take a while.

Looks like Peak shift might do what I want reasonably well after I get it programmed.

Feeling frustrated. System been good for three days. The parameters that the screen rotates through locked up again today. Operation was still working as should be. Shut everything down and rebooted. Stayed in standby mode this time. Went into the programming and several of the settings had changed. Had to change back to Ca-USA and 240/120, and a few other major settings. Then she fired up like normal.

Peak shift seems to work ok once the programming is figured out. Wish there was a way to get the charge to charge on excess PV instead of only on time. Wants to use grid if there is not enough solar. I adjusted to 45 amps but took all day from a 280ah battery that was at 20% SOC. Made it through the night on 70% SOC until 7:30am, with it set on disconnect grid at 20%. May help when I get another 7kw of PV connected and bump up the amps especially with PV pointed 45* each way of due south.

Grid power seems to allow a bit more grid past the CT to help with loads. 80% allows about 75watts/leg through and 70% keeps me at 100 watts unless the draw is near zero. Then it maintains 25 watts or above. Might be a setting for those who want to limit the power sold to grid.

Reaction time seems to adjust the reaction time of the inverter in trying to keep from feeding the grid. For example when the water heater turns off from pulling 5kw it does not over shoot.

Grid power seems to allow a bit more grid past the CT to help with loads. 80% allows about 75watts/leg through and 70% keeps me at 100 watts unless the draw is near zero. Then it maintains 25 watts or above. Might be a setting for those who want to limit the power sold to grid.
Sorry to hear about your frustration. Can you elaborate a bit more on this paragraph? I don't get it.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Can you elaborate a bit more on this paragraph? I don't get it.
Where I am self consume, the inverter supplies 100% to the EPS, but in the main panel by adjusting the "Grid Power" setting you can limit the amount of power the inverter provides up to the CT's. For a test example I turned it down to 10%. Turned on the stove and the grid supplied 1.1kw and the inverter supplied 585 watts. If the "Grid Power" was set to 100% then the inverter would have supplied the 1.6kw. Just watched the freezer turn on. The grid supplied a short spike as it started up.

Because I am so concerned about grid feed back and relying on those CT's, I found I can run it at 80% - 85% and instead of drawing 100 watts from grid I can now draw 150-200watts giving a bit more wiggle room.

Tonight got a low battery volume fault. Only way I found to remove it was to change to lead acid.

Back