diy solar

diy solar

Melted Victron 100/20

• Thread starter Deleted member 91418
  • Start date
Picture

If you look at the picture a solar panel you can not use on this mppt serie .
Oke that is funny.

The Manuel is from the victron 75-10 to 100-20 models.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607-005911.png
    Screenshot_20240607-005911.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Oke i have look in to the fake Victron.
But yes its thare and real .
Even a website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607-012038.png
    Screenshot_20240607-012038.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 11
The OP actually stated the terminals were stripped in a previous post in Feb.
1717720964390.png
Then say they gave it to someone whos going to modify the terminals.
1717721526653.png
Fast fwd to now, complaining it melted down, and claimed they were tight.
At this point im considering this to be installer error not a victron problem.

For a tool and the ferrule supplies that I sometimes if rarely NEVER EVER use $25 is expensive. Just another tool taking up space at my age that I will never use up. 😁 waste … and BESIDES Victron does not require or even recommend ferrule in 100-20 or 150-35 mppt manuals.
Let Victron change the manual to match the fad

You do realize “when” these ferrules are stated to be used in some requirements - the ferrule stick out is specific so don’t come up short. Some things they want bare wire stick out specific too. Victron said “some fires with mppt are happening because stick out is going to deep in mppt. “ 😁 They give the torques so they should give the bare back wire stick out measurements if to deep is a problem. Don’t want to drive it in to deep. 😎

With ROUND ferrules we are deforming it into a square from round…if use our type SQUARE ferrule crimper. The party is not over from THERE a square it is crushed somewhat flat. NOBODY LIKES SQUARES.
So we end up with a skin that has been work hardened over our wire that might not be completely tight but it is contained in that skin…..why not just use solid wire? Wait Victron states in manual use Fine Strand wire….. but not bigger than 0.4mm or .016 inch 😁 Because to big of a strand results in not enough surface area so heat - loss of contact - FIRE. Might as well get soft copper sheet and wrap it like welding wire mentioned previous post vs ferrules.

The design of my victron 150-35 clamping action is rounded on one part and flat on other the half round catches the wire. The round wire conforms just fine …plus Victron does not require ferrule. The ferrules are latest craze though. Lookie got one too club I paid $20 and you got ripped at $25. You paid to much. 😁

IMG_6736.jpeg

We must crimp the round ferrule square to put it in the connection screw down to flatten. Got it.

Tell Victron to put the ferrules in their instructions for these mppt. Tell VICTRON to replace crap green connectors. They make good product lose the temp proto type cheap crap - green connectors. Just my .50 cent. Next thing you know ppl will use ferrule on solid wire. Already been done - ppl on youtube telling showing other ppl how to get er dun. If right ppl say yes than everyone else will too. Bottom line Victron have wimpy connectors in the 100-20 mppt. Replace them….problem solved.

everybody run out buy a torque screw driver 😁
These will come in handy, i’ve got one of these too. Mine is old. It is SOMEWHERE…. Yeah I know the screw driver cost almost as much as the 100-20 mppt. Maybe more if buy the knock off victron. 👍
FERRULES ARE NOT REQUIRED IN VICTRON MANUALS FOR THE 100-20 AND 150-35 MPPT. NOPE or it would be there. So …waste. 😁
I got one… the terminals for the 100-20 mppt need to be torqued to about 0.55 ft lb. Mine 150-35 gets torqued to about 1.2 ft lb per victron manual. Everybody buy one. My mppt has 2x better crappy terminals.
IMG_6737.jpeg

Last edited:
The OP actually stated the terminals were stripped in a previous post in Feb.
View attachment 220275
Then say they gave it to someone whos going to modify the terminals.
View attachment 220279
Fast fwd to now, complaining it melted down, and claimed they were tight.
At this point im considering this to be installer error not a victron problem.

I think is the one you have to look for.

Wires are already connect on it so now screws on it.
Its a epever.

You do need to Program the lithium /lipo4 profile your self .
You that with a MT50 what you can use to read out the hole systeem.
Its sell by Amazon in my country

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607-110542.png
    Screenshot_20240607-110542.png
    205 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240607-110601.png
    Screenshot_20240607-110601.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 4
That fangpusun company appears to have outback and victron. Some of their inverter are shaped like victron and some have a frontius shape too. However the charge converters are hilarious maybe they bought outback and victron?.
Victron and Frontius should of stayed out of china with their joint venture. Hmmm…Outback Flexmax? Can buy named outback on ebay for same basic delivered price. The FANGPUSUN runs shipping price up from AliExpress so again might as well buy Outback name on Ebay.

IMG_6739.png

IMG_6738.png

IMG_6740.jpeg

Outback makes their connections way better than victron. Manly not wimpy. Victron needs to put real connectors on their otherwise great equipment. Or maybe Chinese will beat them to that upgrade to make a better product. Ouch.

IMG_6746.jpeg

That fangpusun company appears to have outback and victron. Some of their inverter are shaped like victron and some have a frontius shape too. However the charge converters are hilarious maybe they bought outback and victron?.
Victron and Frontius should of stayed out of china with their joint venture. Hmmm…Outback Flexmax? Can buy named outback on ebay for same basic delivered price. The FANGPUSUN runs shipping price up from AliExpress so again might as well buy Outback name on Ebay.

View attachment 220327

View attachment 220329

View attachment 220330

Outback makes their connections way better than victron. Manly not wimpy. Victron needs to put real connectors on their otherwise great equipment. Or maybe Chinese will beat them to that upgrade to make a better product. Ouch.

View attachment 220368
Some of these copies may be 'legit' and have been discussed in another thread. They appear to be manufactured by the same company that, in the past, was contracted to manufacture Outback. Post #43 in this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/f...ctron-outback-others.9931/page-3#post-1104148
Don't remember the thread where this was originally posted.

I have contact with Victron .
Email and tell me that it know that are fake around.
Not happy with it.

Any Victron charge controller in a high vibration environment should get the optional wire box as well. They do a bad job of communicating this but it isn't just a "wire box" but adds basically a compression clamp as well that compresses against the insulation of the wires just outside the terminal block which makes it nearly impossible for the wires to come loose.

This says outback is made in USA. It says rest are made in China:
"VICTRON, SMA, SCNEIDER, "
Granted this is advertising but suspect it is true. Read to many similar to it.

Sol-Ark is Deye from other sources. We see what appears to be a chinese offered Outback charge controller relabeled at similar pricing.. as well as victron. Did the patent run out?

Welding machines did the same thing several decades ago but did not want to lose Made in USA status. Miller Lincoln Hobart and so on as examples.

I find it funny when ppl say cheap Chinese junk because of origin. They unknowingly or knowingly had cheap Chinese labor but expensive prices because manufacturing had moved. Usually a dip in quality.

Victron should give a wire way for equipment ....they know it is problematic and as result will not honor warranty if burned up. They know this is problem area with their mppt. Why they made charge controller wireway - No?.

Crocodile tears. When the Chinese get a hold of something they do not like to improve it and there is normally dip in quality during transfer. Some due to displaced workers not caring some due to new ppl new setup for sourcing. Again decades ago welders did the same. They make interesting welders now. Still crazy expensive.

Example:
IMG_6757.png
Post in thread 'Video that puts American vs Chinese solar manufacturing into perspective'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/v...facturing-into-perspective.84793/post-1111247

What is funny are smug ppl that poo poo cheaper chinese made stuff but yet they paid more for Chinese made too. Time and time again. I was not aware that overly expensive Sol-Ark was DEYE until tried buy a USA Version of DEYE and told by Chinese exporter they could not sell $2000 range Deye because importer had Market locked up here. Sound like free open market from a Chinese origin company?

See Victron if made in China with cheaper labor then they need to spend some profit to improve the product. Like the rest….over priced. Victron have your Chinese workers improve your products spend some of your profits…for improvements. Get those junk green spring connectors out of the MP II 48/3000 inverter too. I can hardly believe they Victron got UL listing with that crap.
Ppl should complain. Brand loyalty gets you nothing. As a minimum the wire way for victron solar charge converters should be included with new purchases.

Generally when ppl try to talk about improvements and sourcing passionate ppl that paid to much dubbed big spenders get upset. Yet they poo poo other chinese products without knowing source of their own. Victron needs to fix their crap cheap terminals and offer the strain relief foe wiring as stated in their manual with the factory produced wire way as sold separate by victron.

If the labor is cheap then improve the product especially since there is a remedy but wait they can sell a product to improve the quality vs giving one with each new product. Hahaha

IMG_6758.jpeg

It is cheap injected molded plastic….. ~$30+ dollars vs giving one away with each new purchase as product improvement. Why lose ~$30. Well 1 reason is if it solves terminals being burned up then it would stop products being talked about in “negative wire way box.” Cheap injection molding probably add a dollar to production cost to improve their own product “IF IT WORKS’’.

The former communist and former capitalist can charge extra ~$30 for a so called product improvement. Only way things get changed is if ppl complain….the company loses money. Money talks. Cheap affordable plastic injection molding should be included each new mppt at NO COST TO CUSTOMERS. PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT FOR VICTRON KNOWN FAULT.

IMG_6759.jpeg

Any Victron charge controller in a high vibration environment should get the optional wire box as well. They do a bad job of communicating this but it isn't just a "wire box" but adds basically a compression clamp as well that compresses against the insulation of the wires just outside the terminal block which makes it nearly impossible for the wires to come loose.
The wire box clamps the wires to the controller, but it won't fix a poor connection.

This is how i have set my cabels so it do hang on the mppt .

Attachments

• IMG_20240608_175754271_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240608_175754271_HDR.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 16
The wire box clamps the wires to the controller, but it won't fix a poor connection.
Yeah but it gets rid of all the stress on the cable which might cause cable to more easily become loose.
It is cheap injected molded plastic….. ~$30+ dollars vs giving one away with each new purchase as product improvement. Why lose ~$30.
The front of it is plastic but the back is solid metal.

Reactions: D71
Yeah but it gets rid of all the stress on the cable which might cause cable to more easily become loose.

The front of it is plastic but the back is solid metal.
Since victron manual says “add cable strain relief and won’t honor cable connection fires” than they - Victron should include the mppt wire boxes as product improvement.
A wise person (hard to find) would not argue against product improvements that are being sold separately to just be included at no extra cost to fix known issues and negative condemnation from known failures re-occuring….. less ppl spend money elsewhere and chat about said product failure because would not get Chinese to update ….. 👀☑️

EG4 Signature solar honored a warranty on burned up connector. The fire happened on factory side of the connector.
IMG_6764.jpeg

It is insanity to watch ppl get upset or fight over product improvements. Victron needs to fix their CRAP CONNECTORS. A logical person would want product updates to repair known issues. Or the product will lose the following to new improved products and fade away. The wire box being included on Victron mppt is not being done because it would admit there were problems with older sales. There is PRODUCT PATCH gain profit from sales to ppl that don’t demand change too. Product manufacturing - Processing use to be taught in college here….but probably needs to be taught in China where it is done-manufactured now.

Since victron manual says “add cable strain relief and won’t honor cable connection fires” than they - Victron should include the mppt wire boxes as product improvement.
A wise person (hard to find) would not argue against product improvements that are being sold separately to just be included at no extra cost to fix known issues and negative condemnation from known failures re-occuring….. less ppl spend money elsewhere and chat about said product failure because would not get Chinese to update ….. 👀☑️

EG4 Signature solar honored a warranty on burned up connector. The fire happened on factory side of the connector.
View attachment 220681

It is insanity to watch ppl get upset or fight over product improvements. Victron needs to fix their CRAP CONNECTORS. A logical person would want product updates to repair known issues. Or the product will lose the following to new improved products and fade away. The wire box being included on Victron mppt is not being done because it would admit there were problems with older sales. There is PRODUCT PATCH gain profit from sales to ppl that don’t demand change too. Product manufacturing - Processing use to be taught in college here….but probably needs to be taught in China where it is done-manufactured now.
If you aren't in a mobile environment there shouldn't be an issue with the current connectors but I'd agree it still seems like it is an overall safer unit with the wire box. By the way, the Victron charge controllers aren't manufactured in China. All the ones I've seen are made in India.

Victron needs to fix their CRAP CONNECTORS. A logical person would want product updates to repair known issues. Or the product will lose the following to new improved products and fade away. The wire box being included on Victron mppt is not being done because it would admit there were problems with older sales. There is PRODUCT PATCH gain profit from sales to ppl that don’t demand change too. Product manufacturing - Processing use to be taught in college here….but probably needs to be taught in China where it is done-manufactured now.
I agree there is no reason to have those spring terminals on their AC connections on their multiplus 2 units. Where else is there a spring connector that’s rated for 6awg.

I agree there is no reason to have those spring terminals on their AC connections on their multiplus 2 units. Where else is there a spring connector that’s rated for 6awg.

The only way Victron will resolve problems is if ppl demand it vs accepting the faults.

Global Change.

Mean while Victron made their version of AIO in 2023 but NO USA version . Their mppt has m6 bolts on this Victron AIO version. Might be offered in United States of America someday.

IMG_6792.jpeg

Hmmmm if Victron AIO take popular market share then time to drop stand alone…mppt depending on sales and profits. Hmmmm…. The connectors on this Victron EasySolar AIO seem better.

IMG_6799.jpeg
I’d buy this Victron EasySolar 5000/48 if it were USA specs and not way over price - vs current 5000/48. Imagine old stock clearance is why EasySolar have not displaced the current Victron 5000/48 being offered on sale. The dealers are cleaning out old stock because if AIO comes it will hurt old stock - sales. Marketing no doubt…is hold up.

If Victron wants to stay ahead in this game they need to offer the wire box they made with each mppt and fix terminals. It doesn’t matter where they are made but it is obvious that manufacturers go out of their way to hide origins of their own products now. 😁 Why?

I’’m a consumer. I want service and decent product at competitive pricing or spend my money somewhere else. Everyone should too if service, pricing, and quality is lacking. ALL Companies have a duty to stay proactive if they want to maintain their name in a business.

Consumers owe companies no loyalty. Zero. It is time for consumers to realize it. Global World. Global purchasing power. I have no problem going around front owned companies to cut out middle money grabbers either. 😁 Might as well make the Chinese wealthy and put middle men here in soup lines. Yuck yuck. Rock soup.

You are either a consumer or a profiteer. That is world we live in now. Globalism is here. The EasySolar model has mppt M6 bolts. The push in springs are gone from 3000 and 5000 with EasySolar. Ring lugs might be best for the ac terminals too.

diy solar

diy solar
Back