diy solar

diy solar

MIN 7600TL-XH-US growatt - grid tie. Does it need an auto transformer?

ravdav

MIN 7600TL-XH-US
Looking at the MIN XH US line from growatt in the US. Does it need an Auto transformer for split phase or does it come split phase out of the box?

The spec sheet shows it has L1 L2 N But the Nominal AC Voltage says 240v. Link to signature solar with their spec sheet https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-7-6kw-grid-tie-inverter-min-7600-xh-us/

The Min6000TL-X specifically says it is a single phase inverter https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-120-240v-6kw-grid-tie-inverter/

There isn't much discussion on the forums about these and hardly anything I can find on youtube about the XH-US line. The spec sheet doesn't specify how I would hope it would to make me confident this is plug and play without additional transformers or integrated transfer switches.

Any experts on this that could help a newbie?

Grid tie inverters don't use / need a neutral for selling to the grid, but if there is other features, like 120V backup circuits then there is a need for a neutral for those loads.

The US version is 240 split phase, out of the box.
That's what I need to know. Do you use this or have a source for that? I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks for the super fast reply! I love this forum. Was my first post but I've lurked for at least a year.

Just be aware that there are a couple different versions of the MIN TL-XH-US inverters. A version that supports a backup critical loads panel (via an auto-transformer) and a version that is meant to be used with their SYN-200 whole home backup box. Not sure if either of those things matter to you, just something to be aware of.

That's what I need to know. Do you use this or have a source for that? I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks for the super fast reply! I love this forum. Was my first post but I've lurked for at least a year.
I've got one connected AC couple to my 18 kpv. Just wired straight in, black hot 1, red hot 2, neutral and ground.

You need to tell us how you intend to use it?

If you are going to use the backup output off grid, you will need an auto transformer, if you are only going to use it grid tied then you don’t.

The link below is to a post in a thread where I give links to where the manuals are located.
Post in thread 'Looking for a schematic for Growatt MIN series of inverters for repair'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/l...ies-of-inverters-for-repair.77231/post-992265

Again, if you do not understand how you plan to use it ( or what your goal is) good enough to tell us here, you need to work on that first.
Sorry, my title said grid tied. Didn't include it in the text as well. It will solely be grid tied.

Unfortunately your link, the data sheet shows the same information as what is available on signature solar regarding split phase output AC and why I'm asking the question here. https://us.growatt.com/upload/file/MIN_3000-7600TL-XH-US_Datasheet_EN_202402.pdf

Just be aware that there are a couple different versions of the MIN TL-XH-US inverters. A version that supports a backup critical loads panel (via an auto-transformer) and a version that is meant to be used with their SYN-200 whole home backup box. Not sure if either of those things matter to you, just something to be aware of.
The problem with almost all retailers is that they don't tell you what version they are selling. I am using mine only as grid tied so I do not need the back up function in any form. Thank you for pointing this out though. If I want to make changes in the future this will be important to know.

Just grid tied for now and probably a good long while.

Renvu is a better place if you
I check out their website (White page if you have an ublock ad blocker on) And it says this:
Says MIN 7600TL-XH US is single phase. Not split phase. Does not list v2 or v3.
The user manual they have on their site is for v2. Same with their data sheet.
Price is $300 more than signature solar. $300 extra gets me support?

If this is truly single phase according to Renvu, then everyone in this thread is telling me incorrectly it is split phase grid tie inverter.

You are not paying attention, the two spec sheets are totally different.
Hardly different. Neither one mentions anything about single or split phase. The important detail I'm looking for. Pay attention please.

If you want to further discuss your apparent confusion on “split” and “single” phase, quote the specific page and sentence you are looking at when you say we are all wrong.
You're just one of those guys who isn't helpful but thinks they are Jesus on water. Chill out.

Where am I confusing split with single phase?

I am looking for split phase grid tied power from an inverter. 120v on two legs phased 180 degrees out. I am not looking for a single phase inverter with only 1 leg of 120v or 240v.

If you have any other questions that help you answer me, let me know. Otherwise stop being a jerk. This is why people leave because some guy who read some stuff on the internet and happens to have a hobbled system put together thinks they are an expert.

Now my turn for reading comprehension. I have the 11, not 7.6
You're fine. Some of the spec sheets group them together. You give me hope and a real answer to what I'm looking for.

Multiple people have tried to help you here, and you're in the process of running off some of the most knowledgeable Growatt members, simply because you're not sure of what you are talking about.

All of these inverters will hook directly up to your current grid power. Not to be rude, but if you need this much help figuring out how they work, you're not going to like the backend support by Growatt, or lack there of. Probably best to find a different product.

Multiple people have tried to help you here, and you're in the process of running off some of the most knowledgeable Growatt members, simply because you're not sure of what you are talking about.

All of these inverters will hook directly up to your current grid power. Not to be rude, but if you need this much help figuring out how they work, you're not going to like the backend support by Growatt, or lack there of. Probably best to find a different product.
Several people have helped me. One person is being a dick head.

https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-120-240v-6kw-grid-tie-inverter/ requires an auto transformer even for grid tied application. Support from growatt is lacking. That's why I've reached out here. In fact, I was pointed to the installation documentation which provided the answer for me. I'm okay finding it if pointed to it.

It's cute though that Majic has since deleted all his toxicness.

And if I happened to quote Majic's misinformation, he was incorrect. Signature solar currently sells v3 not v2 if that matters to anyone. It does not matter to me though.

And what am I'm not sure that I'm talking about? Help me if I'm so far off. Right?

Several people have helped me. One person is being a dick head.

https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-120-240v-6kw-grid-tie-inverter/ requires an auto transformer even for grid tied application. Support from growatt is lacking. That's why I've reached out here. In fact, I was pointed to the installation documentation which provided the answer for me. I'm okay finding it if pointed to it.

It's cute though that Majic has since deleted all his toxicness.

And if I happened to quote Majic's misinformation, he was incorrect. Signature solar currently sells v3 not v2 if that matters to anyone. It does not matter to me though.

And what am I'm not sure that I'm talking about? Help me if I'm so far off. Right?

The inverter you linked isn't a MIN TL-XH-US, it's a MIN TL-X. Different model, I know nothing about it. If you look at the install manual for a MIN TL-XH-US, you'll clearly see, that in a grid-tie only application, you do not need an auto transformer.

As I said before, V2 or V3 makes zero difference for purely grid-tie. V2 allows you to use the auto transformer with a backup loads panel, whereas V3 allows you to run straight into a SYN-200 Whole Home Backup setup.

With the questions you're asking, you've got a long way to go before you'll be able to not only figure out what hardware you need, but how to apply for permits and an interconnection agreement.

Back