diy solar

diy solar

MIN 7600TL-XH-US growatt - grid tie. Does it need an auto transformer?

Growatt has a V2 Min XXX-TL_XH-US and Also A V3 . The Difference between the two are V2 Support a critical load for back up and will need a Auto transformer and a grid meter to monitor your load. The V3 supports whole house back up, However you will need the SYN 200-XH-US to perform the whole house back up The Grid meter and transformer and transfer switch is built into the SYN. Both Version support battery to back up you loads. The ARO battery can be used with both version , and both version are split split phase. I currently have The Version 2 with a critical circuit panel and 19.8 KWH battery. I have been testing this setup for about 2 years.

Several people have helped me. One person is being a dick head.

https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-120-240v-6kw-grid-tie-inverter/ requires an auto transformer even for grid tied application. Support from growatt is lacking. That's why I've reached out here. In fact, I was pointed to the installation documentation which provided the answer for me. I'm okay finding it if pointed to it.

It's cute though that Majic has since deleted all his toxicness.

And if I happened to quote Majic's misinformation, he was incorrect. Signature solar currently sells v3 not v2 if that matters to anyone. It does not matter to me though.

And what am I'm not sure that I'm talking about? Help me if I'm so far off. Right?
You do realize that Majic is the top forum expert on this line of inverters? Read the room. TBH your attitude has somewhat turned me off of helping on this thread given my past very fruitful technical interactions with Majic to learn about this inverter line.

I recommend taking a step back and explaining what your ultimate goal is. Some combination of people on the thread and you are confused here because you say grid tied, but the neutral is irrelevant for that use case. Perhaps you don't have the standard definition of grid tie in mind. Please define what you mean by grid tie. And overkill with details.

This is a hybrid with a significant use case where people connect it as a 240V grid tie device at first. And then later add the AT and a battery to
form 120/240 emergency power system.

It would likely not work well with single 120V leg (if at all) since that is several hops away from its most natural use cases

Last edited:
Back