diy solar

diy solar

Mini/Micro sized Kill-A-Watt type AC power meter, for traveling and small spaces.

PopDBop

Many people use one of the power savings meters, e.g. Kill-a-Watt. I have a few, including a very old Kill-A-Watt P3. However, I looking for something much smaller, lighter and pocket-sized, that would travel well in my backpack. There are so many very small DC power meters available. But does anyone know of a small AC power meter? I don't need a bunch of fancy features. Just something that shows me the real time power usage in watts (although current and voltage would be nice as well). I don't need tracking or anything like.

Thanks.

I use these smart plugs, great for monitoring too. Requires an internet connection though.

Thanks for the re
Thanks for the suggestions. I recall looking at that bluetooh unit some time ago. But they must I'm not in the market for another spyware device -- the unit/app requires an account which I'm certain is sending info back to the deep state mothership. I'd prefer a standalone device anyway.

How about this :

I believe they have an even simpler model that is cheaper and has fewer features.
There we go. This is getting close. Looks like I'd have to wire in a plug to the green voltage input terminals, with the hot side passing through the current transformer coil, if I'm understanding the wiring diagram. Too bad the case is so big to accommodate the capacitors on the board. It's still a bit on the bulky side. I think I'll pick one up and see what I can do with it.

Great find. Thanks for the recommendation!

Back