diy solar

diy solar

Licitti Heavy Duty AC Power Box

This box looks promising and what I would be lookin for. Question should i get the 150a 24v battery or the 300a 12v battery one? For my one bedroom apartment I would need about 2.8 kwh of battery space. My fridge being 12v at 5 watts is the highest voltage item i would be using.

The inverter and SCC and guts inside are all built for 12v batteries, so you're limited to a 4s battery inside there. Fortunately you can build a 304Ah and BMS and they fit nicely.

If I understand what you're saying correctly (and I may not), the problem is that if you connect the Licitti/Licittis (I now have two of them) to draw directly from the vehicle's alternator (unless the alternator is a special heavy-duty unit), it can overheat and destroy the alternator via too heavy a load for longer than the alternator is designed to sustain it. So, many of not most of us use a DC to DC charger in part to limit the draw to something the vehicle's hardware can long-term tolerate. I don't personally feel more comfortable adding more than about a 200 watt load to my not-heavy-duty alternator and I have to supply two 12-volt vehicle outlets out of this 200 watts. (One of the outlets supports other loads that have nothing to do with my Licittis.) So I use an 8 amp charger even though it's very slow. In my personal usage (but maybe not yours) so far that's plenty enough for me. I recently left home for two weeks with my two wired-together Licittis running a small 12-volt fridge 24/7, but (as an experiment) turned the charger down to 4 amps. After two weeks, including several days with very little driving, I arrived back home with about an 80% charge still in the batteries. I don't know how low they fell at the lowest point-- certainly a lot lower than 80%-- but the fridge never missed a beat. The ambient temperature varied wildly, which affects power consumption, and I don't know how to adjust for that. But for me the bottom line was that even at half my planned charge rate, for my personal usage, the setup worked and would've easily provided significant AC power as well had I desired it. My educated guess is that at eight amps of charge, a single Licitti would've sufficed. Your usage case can and almost certainly will vary.
NEWBIE here…
How are you connecting 2-licitti boxes? Which terminals , from one another? I have anew gen 2000w box of their’s and am considering a second to hook up together. When hooking up 2of these together, are outputs the same (dc and ac)?Or can I just purchase one of their 280 ah battery sets and hook them up to the box with an Anderson plug for longer lasting power?

I’ve used a LICITTI battery box pro for a couple months. At first it seemed to work fine. Now my 100w panel is no longer charging it…or it is not accepting my panel’s voltage output(21.3) measured with a multimeter.

I am running a 100ah lifepo4, purchased new when I purchased the box. The panel is in full sun.

I am powering a small eco-friendly freezer.

I have written to LICITTI. In the meantime, does anyone have any idea what I could test?
Specs in attached photos

Attachments

• IMG_2989.jpeg
    IMG_2989.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
The SCC built into that box is so anemic I don't even bother using it. I just wired up a 40a RichSolar MPPT to an anderson plug and I have a set of 100w panels in 2s2p that go to it. Being able to use 400w of panel realy makes a difference on the week+ camping trip each year.

As to your problem, it sounds like the SCC has given up the ghost. Hopefully Licitti can get you a replacement SCC.

As for what you can test, double check your panel connections to make sure they're fully seated, if they're loose it can read voltage but it won't be able to pull any amps through it. If you have a DC amp clamp meter or your DMM lets you test DC current, you can poke your panel and make sure it's putting out amps.

It could also be that the battery is full so it's not needing to charge or that the fridge is pulling more then the panel can provide so your BMS is still showing 0 or negative amps because everything the panel is putting in is being used up instantly by the fridge. Have you tried panel in full sun WITHOUT the fridge plugged in?

The SCC built into that box is so anemic I don't even bother using it. I just wired up a 40a RichSolar MPPT to an anderson plug and I have a set of 100w panels in 2s2p that go to it. Being able to use 400w of panel realy makes a difference on the week+ camping trip each year.

As to your problem, it sounds like the SCC has given up the ghost. Hopefully Licitti can get you a replacement SCC.

As for what you can test, double check your panel connections to make sure they're fully seated, if they're loose it can read voltage but it won't be able to pull any amps through it. If you have a DC amp clamp meter or your DMM lets you test DC current, you can poke your panel and make sure it's putting out amps.

It could also be that the battery is full so it's not needing to charge or that the fridge is pulling more then the panel can provide so your BMS is still showing 0 or negative amps because everything the panel is putting in is being used up instantly by the fridge. Have you tried panel in full sun WITHOUT the fridge plugged in?
Panel in the sun with nothing plugged in reads 21.3V. Would be a huge bummer if the LICITTI crapped put after a couple months.

The battery has been slowly depleted and not recharged at all the last few uses.

The freezer uses 218kilowatts per year. If my math is right, it uses about 60watts/hour based on my usage. I doubt it is using up the solar feed.

Will wait to hear fro LICITTI and report back

I'm not surprised if the SCC died... Even if you have the model with the fans, I have to believe that small SCC is getting hot inside the box without much cooling capability. For what it's worth, it only costs like $30 to replace.

I'm not surprised if the SCC died... Even if you have the model with the fans, I have to believe that small SCC is getting hot inside the box without much cooling capability. For what it's worth, it only costs like $30 to replace.
What SCC did you replace it with? Same one?

What SCC did you replace it with? Same one?
I did not replace mine. But, I did find the manufacturer and bought the associated remote programmer (because earlier models were shown to be set for AGM. However, mine was correctly set for Lithium after all)

For my box at least, the SCC is a Newpowa MPPT1050. I ordered the "Smart-Unit(SU05) Remote Controller" in order to confirm (and change if necessary) the settings. I stand corrected... the SCC is now $60

https://www.newpowa.com/10a-mppt-waterproof-charge-controller/

diy solar

diy solar
Back