diy solar

diy solar

Licitti Heavy Duty AC Power Box

This box looks promising and what I would be lookin for. Question should i get the 150a 24v battery or the 300a 12v battery one? For my one bedroom apartment I would need about 2.8 kwh of battery space. My fridge being 12v at 5 watts is the highest voltage item i would be using.

The inverter and SCC and guts inside are all built for 12v batteries, so you're limited to a 4s battery inside there. Fortunately you can build a 304Ah and BMS and they fit nicely.

If I understand what you're saying correctly (and I may not), the problem is that if you connect the Licitti/Licittis (I now have two of them) to draw directly from the vehicle's alternator (unless the alternator is a special heavy-duty unit), it can overheat and destroy the alternator via too heavy a load for longer than the alternator is designed to sustain it. So, many of not most of us use a DC to DC charger in part to limit the draw to something the vehicle's hardware can long-term tolerate. I don't personally feel more comfortable adding more than about a 200 watt load to my not-heavy-duty alternator and I have to supply two 12-volt vehicle outlets out of this 200 watts. (One of the outlets supports other loads that have nothing to do with my Licittis.) So I use an 8 amp charger even though it's very slow. In my personal usage (but maybe not yours) so far that's plenty enough for me. I recently left home for two weeks with my two wired-together Licittis running a small 12-volt fridge 24/7, but (as an experiment) turned the charger down to 4 amps. After two weeks, including several days with very little driving, I arrived back home with about an 80% charge still in the batteries. I don't know how low they fell at the lowest point-- certainly a lot lower than 80%-- but the fridge never missed a beat. The ambient temperature varied wildly, which affects power consumption, and I don't know how to adjust for that. But for me the bottom line was that even at half my planned charge rate, for my personal usage, the setup worked and would've easily provided significant AC power as well had I desired it. My educated guess is that at eight amps of charge, a single Licitti would've sufficed. Your usage case can and almost certainly will vary.
NEWBIE here…
How are you connecting 2-licitti boxes? Which terminals , from one another? I have anew gen 2000w box of their’s and am considering a second to hook up together. When hooking up 2of these together, are outputs the same (dc and ac)?Or can I just purchase one of their 280 ah battery sets and hook them up to the box with an Anderson plug for longer lasting power?

diy solar

diy solar
Back