diy solar

diy solar

Missing Hithium QR Codes

bds70

I have just received my 16 x 280ah Hithium cells.

Checking the QR codes comes up with nothing. I tried three android app and the global power decoder.

I emailed mailed Jenny Wu from Docan and she replied that Hithium did not supply the codes.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is it normal.

Cheers

Pics of the cells or it didn’t happen!

You have a link to these cells Docan is selling these days? Did they ship from US stock?

Pics of the cells or it didn’t happen!

You have a link to these cells Docan is selling these days? Did they ship from US stock?
No direct from China to Australia. The order came from options that Jenny Wu sent me via email. I am getting suspicious because she isn't answering emails now. Grrr.

Attachments

• PXL_20240611_034219625.jpg
    PXL_20240611_034219625.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8
Feeding the numbers into the LiFePoQR Battery QR Scanner (Android App) (it can't read the low contrast "QR") gives this.

Now whether this is close or total bollocks I don't know.

217817.jpg

Feeding the numbers into the LiFePoQR Battery QR Scanner (Android App) (it can't read the low contrast "QR") gives this.

Now whether this is close or total bollocks I don't know.

View attachment 221503
Yup that's what I got. Pretty useless. I finally got a reply from Jenny Wu but the attachments she sent are useless. One is in Chinese, and the other is simply Hithium general information, nothing specific to my cells. I am not happy at all.

I will continue to chase Docan until I get an answer.

Thanks for the help.

Yup that's what I got. Pretty useless. I finally got a reply from Jenny Wu but the attachments she sent are useless. One is in Chinese, and the other is simply Hithium general information, nothing specific to my cells. I am not happy at all.

I will continue to chase Docan until I get an answer.

Thanks for the help.
Feed the Chinese into Google lens?

My best advice is to avoid losing sleep on a QR code.

Run a capacity test and if it comes within 5-10% advertised capacity then move on.

Likely CATL 280ah cells from the looks of it here's some photos and dimensions, hope you didn't pay too much 98aud a cell here
Screenshot_20240612-205055~2.png
Screenshot_20240612-205044~2.png

Likely CATL 280ah cells from the looks of it here's some photos and dimensions, hope you didn't pay too much 98aud a cell here
View attachment 221537
View attachment 221538
I shall check those measurements today. I paid 63aud (42usd) each for the cells. I shall also start capacity checking.

Once I run 4 cells to zero for the capacity check I would have to recharge as a 12v pack using a lifepo4 specific charger, is that correct?
Thanks.

I shall check those measurements today. I paid 63aud (42usd) each for the cells. I shall also start capacity checking.
If they are indeed the cells I posted then it's a very good deal for that price, cheaper than here and I'm neighbours with china
Once I run 4 cells to zero for the capacity check I would have to recharge as a 12v pack using a lifepo4 specific charger, is that correct?
Thanks.
If you have a smart charger that has a BMS included I would just wire them up as 12v with measurement leads between the cells and run a storage charge.

edit: oh sorry your wanting to check capacity, then yes take them to max

I am a little unsure about how to use the BMS, which connections would I attach the charger to? Neg from charger to B- and Pos from charger to main Pos of 4s pack, is that right? I have the JK 200a BMS

I am a little unsure about how to use the BMS, which connections would I attach the charger to? Neg from charger to B- and Pos from charger to main Pos of 4s pack, is that right? I have the JK 200a BMS
So B- to battery negative, P- to charger negative, your individual cell wires can be seen below:
JK_BMS_4S_BMS_-4S_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Or can anyone identify this code?

Well Well Well what do we have here, so I don't know how hithium qr codes are supposed to look that seems phony as hell look at the background color of the qr code vs the rest of the cell, anyone have pictures of hithium QR codes? Quite certain they should have a qr code background mismatch...🧐

Attachments

• docan-hthium-sus.jpg
    docan-hthium-sus.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 11
  • sanded-qr-code.jpg
    sanded-qr-code.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well Well Well what do we have here, so I don't know how hithium qr codes are supposed to look that seems phony as hell look at the background color of the qr code vs the rest of the cell, anyone have pictures of hithium QR codes? Quite certain they should have a qr code background mismatch.
Op's original photo actually looks to be scratched off then applied on top then as your suggesting, re-lazered but more confusing to me I why go to all this trouble then use a 11 year old barcode.

Thanks so much for the help. The cells are not Catl, but they do match the measurements for Hithium.
Hopefully I can get them charged tomorrow and then see what the capacity shows.

Op's original photo actually looks to be scratched off then applied on top then as your suggesting, re-lazered but more confusing to me I why go to all this trouble then use a 11 year old barcode.
Also why try to tell me they are A grade genuine never used Hithium cells when even the presentation is so different. I was assured Jenny Wu was trustworthy and honest. I am wondering about that now.

Attachments

• PXL_20240613_031310319.jpg
    PXL_20240613_031310319.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240612-223821.png
    Screenshot_20240612-223821.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 14

diy solar

diy solar
Back