diy solar

diy solar

More DALY smart BMS issues

I had some issues initially with the DALY BMS. . But since the preview of the new Bluetooth module I have not had any problems with any of the start or stop I haven’t had any issues with any of them not disconnecting or reconnecting. So calling them junk is a stretch and probably just sour grapes

I had some issues initially with the DALY BMS. . But since the preview of the new Bluetooth module I have not had any problems with any of the start or stop I haven’t had any issues with any of them not disconnecting or reconnecting. So calling them junk is a stretch and probably just sour grapes
When I purchased my Daly, I looked at what the peak load would ever be and bought a Daly with over twice the capacity of what I needed. I prefer to derate all Chinese electronics.

I also purchased the display even though I bought the BT module. The display allowed the same functions as the BT module and I am able to see individual cell voltages to determine if there was a runner. Charge settings in the SCC were determined by the individual cell voltages and how each cell compared to the rest of the pack. Bulk and float are set high enough to enable balancing.

I have not had a single problem since installation.

When I purchased my Daly, I looked at what the peak load would ever be and bought a Daly with over twice the capacity of what I needed. I prefer to derate all Chinese electronics.

I also purchased the display even though I bought the BT module. The display allowed the same functions as the BT module and I am able to see individual cell voltages to determine if there was a runner. Charge settings in the SCC were determined by the individual cell voltages and how each cell compared to the rest of the pack. Bulk and float are set high enough to enable balancing.

I have not had a single problem since installation.
After getting past the startup I have had no issues either. Just the learning curve for chinese electronics is steep as their support is non existent

so observed an issue with my daly lightboard on a particular bms unit. the bars dont correspondon to the battery soc. i set the soc to 15% while tshooting another fault, and the lightboard still maintained its 3 bars and didnt change to reflect the 1 bar/15% soc i set.....anybody experienced this before?

Last edited:
so observed an issue with my daly lightboard on a particular bms unit. the bars dont correspondon to the battery soc. i set the soc to 155 while tshooting another fault, and the lightboard still maintained its 3 bars and didnt change to reflect the 1 bar/15% soc i set.....anybody experienced this before?
i will be honest I do not even look at the daly SOC. I have a bogart trimetric, and a magnum BMK wired in series so what one see the other sees. they are generally within 3-5% of the same where as the Daly SOC is all over the charts. part of this is the acknowledged fact that at low discharge and charge levels they do not register the power flow. under about 4 amps and they are blind it seems. mind you i have not extensively tested to prove this... thats @Will Prowse 's domain. its just what has popped up about the daly's over the last 36 months or so. My system is large enough (in comparison to useage) that i have never had a blackout but when the Bogart says it has seen 300 amp hours @ 48 volts go out of the batteries...it takes about 305 to fill them to full and at that point and time the voltage will read 54.6 for 2+ hours straight. The Daly might or might not agree, but I trust the Bogart unit. (it is a shunt type).

Back