diy solar

diy solar

MPP AIO: Battery got drained when in Solar Only Mode

ytwytw

This evening all my ups are triggered due to the mpp solar has been shut itself off strangely.

Checking the BMS of my BYD Pack and found low voltage cut off is activated, wonder why

Recently we are expeiencing rains and snows, so the battery is not getting charged via solar.

and I did set "Solar Only" for charging the battery in my mpp solar, grid is plugged in and available, no downtime at all.

So my question is...

Is MPP Solar still using power from battery even bypass mode is on?

Gonna do some tests over the weekend to see whats going on...

My average load is 500W, and my BYD pack is around 25V recently due to lack of sunshine...

what bypass mode ? you said "I did set "Solar Only" for charging the battery", so it is about charging only.
dos the manual says the battery if off circuit for load in that case ?

what bypass mode ? you said "I did set "Solar Only" for charging the battery", so it is about charging only.
dos the manual says the battery if off circuit for load in that case ?

When the battery voltage is lower than my set value, output will use grid (bypass mode) instead of using battery.

Inverters will use some power unless disconnected at the breaker.

I see...
So I did a measurement today, and the MPP uses about 1.5-1.8Amp when it's set to Solar Only mode and no solar input.

Looks like I have to set to solar priority and set AC Charging Current to 2A to offset

I get some weird activity with my setup also.

I have started isolating the system from the grid, to force it to get solar power. But even then it's kind of weird that it will show as much as 40 amps coming in from the sun, and yet only 5 amps from the batteries to the house, but the batteries are still being discharged.

Where are the 35 amps going????

Somewhere in these settings is the correct thing to set. But I haven't figured it out either...
2020-02-26 (6).png

35Amp may be went to the load?

My Solar priority is Load-Battery
My Output Priority is Solar-Utility-Battery

35Amp may be went to the load?

My Solar priority is Load-Battery
My Output Priority is Solar-Utility-Battery
I had it on SBU, and I saw that it would go on battery and never return to solar, even with tons of sun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what does solar input do? charge into the battery?
But you have a 5048 unit and have phase settings, you may need to split into PV1 and PV2? no idea

Back