diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV 2424 Can I turn on my unit without being connected to batteries?

Moltensurf

PROBLEM SOLVED

Not sure why my unit won’t power up. I put in the fuse between it and power source. I have 120 V at unit. I haven’t plugged into the AC in. When I turn the unit on, nothing happens. Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

I accidentally had my in-line battery fuse shipped to another city where I will be tomorrow. I just got my unit hooked up, and would like to set the parameters; so when I get my DC TV series fuse all I have to do is connect everything up.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
I accidentally had my in-line battery fuse shipped to another city where I will be tomorrow. I just got my unit hooked up, and would like to set the parameters; so when I get my DC TV series fuse all I have to do is connect everything up.
Thanks for the help
T series fuse.

I have the 12V version, the unit will not come on without working batteries connected.
I’m not sure why my unit will not come on. I’m hooked in to AC in. I ran it through a breaker between it and my power connection. When I flipped the switch onto the unit nothing happens?

likewise for my LV2424
I’m not sure why I can’t get power to my unit. I ran short power through a breaker. I have 120 V at the unit. I am in the AC in towards the front of the unit. When I flip the switch nothing happens

It needs battery Voltage for the controller circuit to come alive.
OK that makes sense, I have not connected the battery. I don’t have my DC fuse here with me so I didn’t want to connect the batteries without it. I just was trying to turn the unit on to set the parameters, I should be getting the in-line fuse tomorrow
I appreciate the help thank you

If the battery is LiFePO4, you should use the pre-charge resistor between the battery and the 2424 to reduce inrush current when you first hook up the battery to the 2424 (keep the inverter switch to OFF position), there is big capacitor banks inside the 2424 which will have high inrush current and it may trip the BMS of the battery.
Just search for pre-charge resistor, for your system 25 Ohms 25 ~ 50W resistor will be fine, after about 10 seconds then you can directly connect the battery to the 2424.

If it's an EG4 server rack battery, it has a built-in pre charge resistor.

If the battery is LiFePO4, you should use the pre-charge resistor between the battery and the 2424 to reduce inrush current when you first hook up the battery to the 2424 (keep the inverter switch to OFF position), there is big capacitor banks inside the 2424 which will have high inrush current and it may trip the BMS of the battery.
Just search for pre-charge resistor, for your system 25 Ohms 25 ~ 50W resistor will be fine, after about 10 seconds then you can directly connect the battery to the 2424.
I saw a guy using a carpenter pencil.

Back