diy solar

diy solar

MPP PIP 6048?

Steve Fractals

I have just gone live with the MPP PIP 6048MT inverter, currently no battery (this system is designed to works with battery or battery less) and only 4x400w panels with 2 more still to add.

If I turn off AC/Utilitly input then the inverter won't power any of my load despite the fact that the inverter shows enough PV voltage and watts to do so, anyone else have this and if so, is there a way round it as this is supposed to work completely off grid or with grid backup mix etc?

I have noticed that the inverter doesn't seem to use 100% of PV even when enough PV to power my loads, it seems to like to use at least some grid with my average being something like 90% of PV and always around 10% grid. I know I have enough PV for my load as if I increase my load e.g. turn on a heavy appliance e.g. tumble dryer then it pulls more PV and again settles at around 90% from PV and 10% from grid. This would seem like a way of protecting against export to grid and like its something in the firmware. Again anyone else getting this as I would like to use 100% PV if available?

Am I missing some settings to sort the above or is this unit just like this?

Back