diy solar

diy solar

MPP solar 48v lifepo4?

Guda

Superstrut Strut
What are the charge parameters for lifepo4 & how do I program it?

The manual says use the user setting 05. Okay once I am there, how do I enter the correct numbers & what are they?

Okay I found where to put the settings. The print is so small I thought it said page, but it was function... #Oops
I need
Bulk charge voltage
Float charging voltage
Low DC cut off voltage

Battery is 42.3v... Have everything hooked up correctly. I'm not getting any charge from the pv. Says 0. I don't have a 48v multi meter either. If I had something hooked up wrong there would be sparks &/or fire. No sparks or fire so I'm pretty sure I hooked it up correct.

Battery is 42.3v... Have everything hooked up correctly. I'm not getting any charge from the pv. Says 0. I don't have a 48v multi meter either. If I had something hooked up wrong there would be sparks &/or fire. No sparks or fire so I'm pretty sure I hooked it up correct.
Did you change the setting to Solar first for charging or something like that?.
I think its the first setting.
Did you read the manual and go through the settings?

Did you change the setting to Solar first for charging or something like that?.
I think its the first setting.
I saw that setting but no, I did not change it. Seamed like a option. I'll change it now. Almost dark but maybe enough light to get a reading.
Did you read the manual and go through the settings?
Literally with a magnifying lens. Print is so small I was looking for pages in settings... Eyes going fast ;( Most those settings were way over my level of understanding. I just assume thats mostly fine tuning stuff.

As my battery shuts down it shows cell v & lets just say I need to get a charge to it ASAP or maybe bad things.

Okay so the suns down so I'll see if that was it tomorrow. I think I should have been at least seeing power coming in from the pv regardless of that setting tho.

Nope, didn't work. Not getting any power from pv.

This unit is supposed to be plug & play. There shouldn't be a setting that is stopping it from working. My luck is I got a bad unit.

Last edited:
How can a low battery stop the solar power from coming in?

MPP will need power from the battery to run. If it is too low, it will not start.

Its the pv input thats missing. I can turn it on & change settings. It turns off after a minute or 2 if I don't keep pushing buttons.

Sounds pretty catch 22 if the battery has to be x volts to charge. How do you charge a 48v battery that the charger wont charge it unless its charged...

Sounds pretty catch 22 if the battery has to be x volts to charge. How do you charge a 48v battery that the charger wont charge it unless its charged...
You have to lower the setting temporarily or charge the battery some other way. Also you should lower the charging Amps until the battery gets to 44 volts.The Catch 22 is they don't expect anyone to run their battery below 44 because it is not good for the battery. How did that happen? Did it arrive that way?

Set it at 42v & nada. Still no power coming from pv. I bet I have a bad battery & a bad inverter charger

Back