diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Before I get too far along on another topic..... Has anyone seen/used/tested this particular inverter?

ebay.com/itm/233948962222

Before I get too far along on another topic..... Has anyone seen/used/tested this particular inverter?

ebay.com/itm/233948962222
I have not personally, but I know there is quite a few out there that do and really enjoy them. They are low frequency and take surge very very well.

I have not personally, but I know there is quite a few out there that do and really enjoy them. They are low frequency and take surge very very well.
Too bad the max PV voltage is kinda low. I could use a bit more surge. I'm curious if the LVX6048 could start my well pump. It pulls about 62 amps when it starts up but that's for much les than 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Too bad the max PV voltage is kinda low. I could use a bit more surge. I'm curious if the LVX6048 could start my well pump. It pulls about 62 amps when it starts up but that's for much les than 5 seconds.
Watts247 sells a version of the 6kw and 12kw with 250v pv max

Hi, is this a forum for discuss problem with the LVX6048 or for the pulpose of sales other equipment. I alreade have the LVX6048 and I am not interest in any other products. I need to resolve the problem that I have especially the WI-FI and the connection with the pc.

Residential PV system in Georgia are limited to no more than 10 kWh at that maximum no inverter over 10 may be installed at a residential location. Sarcasm ahead: to protect the power companies that bribe us with campaign donations. https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2019/11/04/utility-barriers-to-rooftop-solar-in-georgia/

Of course if I upgrade my system after the initial grid tie inspection and never feed more than 9.5 kW to the grid at a measly $.027 cents a kW nobody knows, but then why would I want to feed the grid anything considering I get less than three cents a kW. You’d never see an ROI on the excess you create. They off course want to sell your sub three cent kW to your neighbors at fifteen cents.

Last edited:
Residential PV system in Georgia are limited to no more than 10 kWh at that maximum no inverter over 10 may be installed at a residential location. Sarcasm ahead: to protect the power companies that bribe us with campaign donations
A limit on the battery size? Never heard of something like that

Residential PV system in Georgia are limited to no more than 10 kWh at that maximum no inverter over 10 may be installed at a residential location. Sarcasm ahead: to protect the power companies that bribe us with campaign donations
A limit on the battery size? Never heard of something like that
As of last count by some solar firm, more than half of all USA states have legislated limits on residential grid-tied customer PV systems. Of course if you don’t grid tie, the laws written to protect power companies do not apply. BOHICA

Well nictac11 if your inverter is limited to no more than 10k, how do you successfully charge a bank of batteries larger than 10k in a five hour window if you don’t have 10k of panels either? Read the article from my earlier post. pv-magazine-usa.com/2019/11/04/utility-barriers-to-rooftop-solar-in-georgia/

Well nictac11 if your inverter is limited to no more than 10k, how do you successfully charge a bank of batteries larger than 10k in a five hour window if you don’t have 10k of panels either? Read the article from my earlier post. pv-magazine-usa.com/2019/11/04/utility-barriers-to-rooftop-solar-in-georgia/
I charge a lot more than 10kwh per day and the highest I've seen my panels output is 1900W.

Residential PV system in Georgia are limited to no more than 10 kWh at that maximum no inverter over 10 may be installed at a residential location. Sarcasm ahead: to protect the power companies that bribe us with campaign donations. https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2019/11/04/utility-barriers-to-rooftop-solar-in-georgia/

Of course if I upgrade my system after the initial grid tie inspection and never feed more than 9.5 kW to the grid at a measly $.027 cents a kW nobody knows, but then why would I want to feed the grid anything considering I get less than three cents a kW. You’d never see an ROI on the excess you create. They off course want to sell your sub three cent kW to your neighbors at fifteen cents.
Same in Alberta Canada 10 kWh maximum. Has anyone done a study if it better to be off grid? I figure it costs less the 6 cents / kWh to go in and out of the Lishen 280Ahr batteries.

Same in Alberta Canada 10 kWh maximum. Has anyone done a study if it better to be off grid? I figure it costs less the 6 cents / kWh to go in and out of the Lishen 280Ahr batteries.
Instead of offgrid, It’s definitely cheaper (some would say better) to use grid tie inverters with limiters that can be powered by batteries. Or all in one inverters that have limiters. Then the inverter, solar and battery do not have to be sized to cover all loads/surges. That’s makes it cheaper.

Instead of offgrid, It’s definitely cheaper (some would say better) to use grid tie inverters with limiters that can be powered by batteries. Or all in one inverters that have limiters. Then the inverter, solar and battery do not have to be sized to cover all loads/surges. That’s makes it cheaper.
Does the LVX6048 have the "limiting" option? I was going to put in a fuse / circuit breaker between my solar panels and the LVX6048, but I don't see a 27 amp fuse on Amazon. What are people using?

No the lvx6048 does not have limiting option. My mistake that was just my opinion if being on grid is available. I use midnite and outback circuit breakers. eBay or online solar stores

Last edited:
No the lvx6048 does not have limiting option. My mistake that was just my opinion if being on grid is available. I use midnite and outback circuit breakers. eBay or online solar stores
Thanks for your help! I wonder if grid limiting will become an option?

I finally found a 500V DC solar disconnect on amazon from Langir.

I charge a lot more than 10kwh per day and the highest I've seen my panels output is 1900W.
That's great Obviously you don't drain your battery bank past halfway, as the math for 1900W will not charge a 10kW battery bank. in five hours at max panel output with never a cloud nor shadow. I believe the math is 25 panels of 400 watts each needed but keeping in mind the fact that solar energy is intermittent and panels usually do not work with 100% efficiency.

That's great Obviously you don't drain your battery bank past halfway, as the math for 1900W will not charge a 10kW battery bank. in five hours at max panel output with never a cloud nor shadow. I believe the math is 25 panels of 400 watts each needed but keeping in mind the fact that solar energy is intermittent and panels usually do not work with 100% efficiency.
You are getting very confused somewhere lol. Where is this 5 hours coming from? Even on a semi-cloudy day yesterday I generated 12.5kWh of energy from solar.

In the Northern Hemisphere the average maximum solar concentration on no tracking PV is 5 hours. So the five hours is the allotted time to get 100% panel efficiencies, if that were even possible. In simple term, the sun does not stop at exactly 90 degrees over your array every day. As it comes into focus and leaves focus the maximum average max solar input is for 5 hours. After that you are trying to get what you can depending on time of day. I was assuming based on your comment that you had an array of 25 panels that allowed a maximum of 400W panels getting 100% for five hours. That assuming you used art least 50% of your battery storage every night running AC or whatever, or you would not be charging daily to take advanage of the max number of recycles on your batteries bank before they degrade to 80% charge capacity. I understand how it works, I have 30 300W fixed panels roof installed no shadows and yesterday I produced 24.63 kWh of energy, but then during the day is when I use the highest amount of power to counter the heat, I run AC in the barn and the house. My largest consumers of power. Yesterday it consumed 24kWh of power during the daylight. So 24 - 24.3 left ,e with .3 kWh of power to charge my batteries. Do you understand the confusion.

Last edited:
Back