diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

You can also edit your own posts by clicking on the arrow beside report, on the bottom lefthand side.

All the functions of the app are working for me today. Except viewing history.
But yes very buggy app
Same here. Today is the fourth day that for the first time both the Solarpower App and the Watchpower App are working continuously with my LVX6048s, without having to delete and add the devices to my account again. Except viewing history. Just before, I had installed a system update on my Samsung smartphone. I don't know if that solved the problem.

The Solarpower app uploaded data all day yesterday for both me and my neighbor. Today it is not working again. Today was the first time I couldn't use the app to change the LVX6048 settings. Normally that always works. Too bad the Solarpower app wasn't more reliable.
Really strange. The opposite happened to me. The first time that logging and controlling is working on Solarpower and Watchpower App. Fourth day already. Except viewing history.

Instead of deleting and adding the inverters to get things working again.

You can just reboot the inverter wifi.

Oh and I'm actually amendt's "neighbor"

Anyone know what error code 32 means ?
We had a massive lightning strike and I suspect that this means the motherboard is fried..

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20210927-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210927-WA0009.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 19
My system is on the grid. Last night the grid went out, the battery came in displaying the voltage used and after 2 hour the display just turned off, the light on the display went off, the fan was on all the time and the system was working in battery mode, off line.

When the grid comes back, I have a transfer switch that gives power to my sub panel from the inverter that I transfer to the grid. In that way I can supply power to my home from the grid without the inverter. I reset the system, turning off for 5 minutes and turning on a few times, but the display did not turn on. You can hear the switching inside and a busser but it will not turn on the display. This morning the grid went out again. This is Puerto Rico. The display on the MPP system does not turn on, I connect my computer to the MPP and there is no communication. The APP on the wifi shows that it is offline with no error.

I verified that the system is working on a solar panel, I disconnected the battery that had a voltage of 53.8 DC V and the system is working on solal, Last night the voltage of the battery was 50 DC V when the grid came back, which means that the charge is working. On the APP wifi show that is offline.

Any other information just let me know,

Hello
has anyone tried connecting the LVX6048 via a bms protocol and how has the experience been. They have now added in the new firmware a LIB Protocol and third party lithium. In other words want it to work in a closed loop communication with the lithium battery.

Hello
has anyone tried connecting the LVX6048 via a bms protocol and how has the experience been. They have now added in the new firmware a LIB Protocol and third party lithium. In other words want it to work in a closed loop communication with the lithium battery.
I have been asking Ian at Watts247 about a firmware update utility, which I have seen being run on the Voltronics versions. He indicated there is no tool needed for LV6548, as there are no updates from MPP. I am not sure about LVX6048, but interesting that there is an update available.
I will be trying the Pylontech protocol with the LV6548 as soon as the Seplos BMS arrives. If you can find any info on the firmware update tool, let is know. There is nothing on the MPP site that I found.

I have been asking Ian at Watts247 about a firmware update utility, which I have seen being run on the Voltronics versions. He indicated there is no tool needed for LV6548, as there are no updates from MPP. I am not sure about LVX6048, but interesting that there is an update available.
I will be trying the Pylontech protocol with the LV6548 as soon as the Seplos BMS arrives. If you can find any info on the firmware update tool, let is know. There is nothing on the MPP site that I found.
Sure i will let you know if i come across any info.

I am looking at buying 2 of these LVX6048 inverters for my off-grid application. Those who own one do you think this is a good idea or are there better solutions?

There are more expensive solutions, but if you will be totally off grid, from my experience, the MPP LV series are simple and just work, and are very cost effective.
I have two of the LV6548's in one home, and will be replacing some very old but very reliable grid tied SMA inverters with new waterproof versions (LVX6548WP) when they become available in the US.
I will be purchasing 4 of them(26KW) for around the same price as one Sol-Ark(9KW). I build my own batteries, and that has worked very well so far with the MPP inverters. I am using Heltec/JK 200amp BMS's, and will be adding a couple Seplos 200amp BMS's also.
For monitoring, I use a Victron shunt and Solar-Assistant.IO software on a Raspberry Pi.

There are more expensive solutions, but if you will be totally off grid, from my experience, the MPP LV series are simple and just work, and are very cost effective.
I have two of the LV6548's in one home, and will be replacing some very old but very reliable grid tied SMA inverters with new waterproof versions (LVX6548WP) when they become available in the US.
I will be purchasing 4 of them(26KW) for around the same price as one Sol-Ark(9KW). I build my own batteries, and that has worked very well so far with the MPP inverters. I am using Heltec/JK 200amp BMS's, and will be adding a couple Seplos 200amp BMS's also.
For monitoring, I use a Victron shunt and Solar-Assistant.IO software on a Raspberry Pi.
That being said, if the SMA sunny islands were cheaper, I would probably go with those, just based on the absolutely perfect reliability of my current Sunny Boys, which have been running non-stop for over 13 years. I think the MPP are MUCH easier to deal with though, and they are very easy and flexible for off-grid implementations.

That being said, if the SMA sunny islands were cheaper, I would probably go with those, just based on the absolutely perfect reliability of my current Sunny Boys, which have been running non-stop for over 13 years. I think the MPP are MUCH easier to deal with though, and they are very easy and flexible for off-grid implementations.
I was thinking of running two LVX6048WP's . I understand they are low-frequency and weigh about 100 lbs. Do you think two would handle the surge current form my 2.5 ton central air ac ?

I was thinking of running two LVX6048WP's . I understand they are low-frequency and weigh about 100 lbs. Do you think two would handle the surge current form my 2.5 ton central air ac ?
Not as well as the SMA's would, but i have found my two Trane 2.5 Ton units only pull 3KW on start, and then run at 2KW each, total 4KW for both, so you should be fine. If yoy have an issue, then use a soft starter like a microair on the HVAC.

I am looking at buying 2 of these LVX6048 inverters for my off-grid application. Those who own one do you think this is a good idea or are there better solutions?
The standby power consumption of the Lvx6048 when used off grid is 125+ watts.
Plus there's no way to limit the power consumption from a generator, so you will need a large 240v generator.

Those are the cons of running the Lvx6048 of grid.

Which I might add I currently do.

Plus there's no way to limit the power consumption from a generator, so you will need a large 240v generator.

Interesting. My Two LV6548's are 120W for both. Around 50-65W each. And that is not in standby mode.

Interesting. My Two LV6548's are 120W for both. Around 50-65W each. And that is not in standby mode.
I have also tested the lv6048 at around 60W
Fully on, but no load.

That is also what I ment by standby power consumption

The lv series is alot different from the lvx inverters.

i laughed when o saw your comment on genset limiting. I was exploring the possibility of that with the LV6548 earlier in the week. That inverter doesn’t have the ability to do so either. Question is which inverters do? Do you know of any? Solark maybe? I will admit to not researching the matter as I just bought the 6548 and try to limit myself to one inverter a year at most

i laughed when o saw your comment on genset limiting. I was exploring the possibility of that with the LV6548 earlier in the week. That inverter doesn’t have the ability to do so either. Question is which inverters do? Do you know of any? Solark maybe? I will admit to not researching the matter as I just bought the 6548 and try to limit myself to one inverter a year at most
I don't know of any all in one inverters that do. I do know that inverters like samlex magnum and SMA will begin to back off on charging when the ac input current meet a adjustable level.
Also Magnum and SMA make a inverter that will assist the ac input with power from the batteries.

I don't know of any all in one inverters that do. I do know that inverters like samlex magnum and SMA will begin to back off on charging when the ac input current meet a adjustable level.
Also Magnum and SMA make a inverter that will assist the ac input with power from the batteries.
My LV inverters back off on charging when the float voltage is hit. Makes me want to add more batteries though.... as all that PV power goes to waste.

Back