diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Thanks. That darn buy now button got me again ?.
Will report back this weekend once I get it installed.
Forgot to report back. The capacitor, wired into the panel box a few feet away from the inverter made no difference with lights flickering.

Edit, a better description would be a pulse in the light every time the washer agitates / pulls a surge of current

Hello everyone, first post here from a solar newb so go easy on me. Bit of background, I’m installing a LVX6048WP with 5.5kW of solar on two strings of 6 panels each. The system is to be grid tied without battery storage.
The issue I’m having is nothing seem to work on the LVX6048WP unit. It keeps flashing a code 13 warning. The unit needs a software update so I’m hoping the update will solve that issue. Now for the update part, I downloaded the new software onto a windows 10 PC but can’t get it to connect to the unit. I’ve tried connecting the Ethernet cable to a USB adapter in my PC but that still doesn’t work and the updater program doesn’t detect a port associated with the unit. After two days of trying to connect I gotta concede defeat so I’m hoping someone here can nudge me in the right direction. My iPhone connected to it via wifi but I don’t think I can update the firmware using my phone. Please help!
Hi I have been doing updated to my lvx6048wp for the last few days, I did not get that code but I did get 32 code and had to roll back

you need a serial adapter to connect to the port to upload the software,

i used one of these then a serial to usb back

you may be able to go from usb to usb I am not sure

I tried usb to micro usb but no luck. Also tried usb to Ethernet. I’ll try the serial adapter and see.

Forgot to report back. The capacitor, wired into the panel box a few feet away from the inverter made no difference with lights flickering.

Edit, a better description would be a pulse in the light every time the washer agitates / pulls a surge of current
:( Well at least I didn't spend that $12 yet. Thanks for the update.

Hi I have been doing updated to my lvx6048wp for the last few days, I did not get that code but I did get 32 code and had to roll back

you need a serial adapter to connect to the port to upload the software,

i used one of these then a serial to usb back

you may be able to go from usb to usb I am not sure
Got it updated with that adapter, thanks! Still have a code 13 /!\

Hi folks! First time poster. I have an offgrid LVX6048 and a single EG4LL 48volt (v-1) battery. Tomorrow I expect delivery of my second battery, totally identical to the first battery.
My question is, where can I find settings and instructions for adding this second battery? Dip switches, top balancing, cabling, etc.
Thanks!

Has anyone else updated to the newer 1.3 for the LVX6048MP?

My battery settings seem to be all messed up in the solarpower software, and for some reason I have voltage on my Generator input which is not connected to anything. I did not notice this before the upgrade. Anyone else ?

1668778108444.png

Drove up to the ranch yesterday to update the firmware to hopefully resolve the intermittent resets. I followed the procedure as documented including assuring the solar input was off any all parallel inverters were off. I used the following most up to date firmware. https://watts247.com/manuals/mpp/Firmware/LVX6048/

Using a usb to serial adapter I saw comm-port 7 open and the inverter displayed YES [PG}.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.34 PM.png

After a few moments the inverter displayed error 32. The unit no longer works only displaying error 32. I then tried the previous release and could not get it working again. Does anyone have a link to software/firmware that can recover this unit?

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.53 PM.png

Thank you for your input.

That control panel is the same one used in the lv/sp6548/eg4 6500 etc and has been prone to not flashing properly due to getting very hot. Do you have some way of really cooling it down before flashing?

Can you still get access to the inverter through the serial port even with the error 32 showing?

That control panel is the same one used in the lv/sp6548/eg4 6500 etc and has been prone to not flashing properly due to getting very hot. Do you have some way of really cooling it down before flashing?

The inverter had been off and was in a room that was 45 degrees f* (7c). The display was cool to the touch. Thank you for your input.

Can you still get access to the inverter through the serial port even with the error 32 showing?
I didn't try watchpower after the flash attempt. My main goal is rolling the inverter back as the ranch is down from three inverters to two. The issue with this location is that the residents are dependent on these inverters for power, there is not grid. Because of this I didn't try and update the other two inverters.

Next time im onsite I'll try both watchpower and what ever mpp sends back.

Hi folks! First time poster. I have an offgrid LVX6048 and a single EG4LL 48volt (v-1) battery. Tomorrow I expect delivery of my second battery, totally identical to the first battery.
My question is, where can I find settings and instructions for adding this second battery? Dip switches, top balancing, cabling, etc.
Thanks!
Hi again folks! It has been 7 days since I posted my question. Not a single response. Did I ask in an improper manner? Did I post it in the wrong area?

Thanks!
You can find that information on youtube, i believe. and if not, write to Signature Solar.

Any news on the paralleling situation?
Well I tried to parallel my 2 lvx6048 inverters via adding 2 $55 parallel boards and change section 28, but all I did was get an error message DC/AC inverter circuit error so I when back to using one inverter in the charging only mode. I hope to get more courage next week to try again. I did hit restore factory setting, but that caused my back to grid settings to be bellow 48V which caused my power to go out. I wonder why the default back to grid voltage defaults to 42V?

Well I tried to parallel my 2 lvx6048 inverters via adding 2 $55 parallel boards and change section 28, but all I did was get an error message DC/AC inverter circuit error so I when back to using one inverter in the charging only mode. I hope to get more courage next week to try again. I did hit restore factory setting, but that caused my back to grid settings to be bellow 48V which caused my power to go out. I wonder why the default back to grid voltage defaults to 42V?
Are you having vibration/noise issues? I hooked mine up for a week just in passthrough mode (basically doing nothing) and the noise through the foamed wall of my mechanical room was ridiculous. I can't image what it is going to sound like when I apply solar and start powering load.

Are you having vibration/noise issues? I hooked mine up for a week just in passthrough mode (basically doing nothing) and the noise through the foamed wall of my mechanical room was ridiculous. I can't image what it is going to sound like when I apply solar and start powering load.
I don't have vibration / noise issues.

I did had crazy vibration and noise when in parallel and hooked to solar and grid. It was crazy I was worried enough that I was tripping the AC breaker when I was not in the house.
I also saw continues errors and faults. In the end I switch back to operate as single unit. Not what I wanted.... So I'll be switching to some other inverter.

Here are 2 images of the paralleling diagrams 1st image shows instructions on the paralelling kit image 2 is LVX-6048. The vidoe in you tube from Ians solar project went with the first image.

There is a clear difference on how the current wires are connected.
Did you find anything definitive about how the current sharing wires were supposed to be connected? Did it make a difference at all? I am running 2 LG4 6000EX's, with all the same problems. Running on one unless more power is needed. The wiring diagram for the EG4's is like the second image you posted earlier.

I tried both ways it did not seem to make any difference. At this point and given that the vendors have not come up with new firmware or a fix, I am in the camp of getting rid of this inverter, both the Mpp and EG. Looks like running in parallel will not happen.

I just tried 2 generators with my lvx6048wp and neither would register as inputting power. Has anyone actually got a generator working as an input for one of these ?

I just tried 2 generators with my lvx6048wp and neither would register as inputting power. Has anyone actually got a generator working as an input for one of these ?
May be a silly question, but are you feeding split phase 240v into the generator input? And you have grid injection disabled?

Using Generator as AC-Input

• Generator power is recommended to be 50% larger than the inverter rating to reduce chances of overload.
  • Inverter-generator is recommended due to its cleaner output than conventional generators. Unsuitable generator output may be rejected by the inverter.
  • When using generator as AC input – grid injection must be DISABLED.

diy solar

diy solar
Back