diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar U5648MS vs Growatt SPF 5000 ES

inky

I'm building a 48v system in my cabin and I have narrowed down my options to the MPP Solar U5648MS or the Growatt SPF 5000 ES
There are plenty of reviews on the Growatt, but I can't find much on the MPP, at least not in English. I get the feeling it's an upgrade from the PIP5048MKX, but it seems some of these companies clone other inverters, so maybe it's completely different.

I'll be pairing the inverter with a Jakiper 51.2V 100AH battery. Originally I wanted to get a Signature Solar EG4-LL 48V 100AH but they don't ship to Australia and wanted me to find a freight forwarder who would repack it, which ended up being far too expensive. The SOK looked good as well, but is overpriced in Australia as well.

For solar panels I'm looking at a second hand array, around 2000w or so. I currently have my eye on 8x 280W 39.12VOC mono panels (ET-M660280WB)

Has anybody used these fancy looking MPP inverters? Or can anyone tell me why one option is the clear choice over the other? I have read through the datasheets of each and compared the specs (the ones I understand anyway ?) and they seem relatively similar. Both Growatt and MPP seem to have a good reputation, but I'm leaning towards the MPP because it looks more modern, has built in wifi and MPP Australia have been very responsive to my questions so far, which is a good sign for future problem solving or issues.

Cheers ?

Upon further investigation it looks like the U5648MS is a clone of the Voltronic Axpert MKS IV
So am I right in thinking that all of the brands like MPP, Easun, WKS, Rebel, Kodak, Flin Energy, Prag, Powgrow etc are all clones of Voltronic?

Are all of these clones still produced as "white label" products by Voltronic, or do the individual companies just get the case and decide the components themselves?

Back