diy solar

diy solar

Mppt pv reverse polarity

Kryptovolteer

Hi, I’ve just purchased a voltronic inverter 7kw unit to upgrade my current 4kw unit, this unit had mc4 over contractions so I used a shout extension cut in half to connect to my in coming pv breaker box, when I switched the solar on the united didn’t detect the solar I switched it of double checked everything looked good volt meter confirmed, after confirming with a second unit which is my dads I noticed the pv out put connections were in the opposite way around, removing the bottom cover and following the wires back the pv connections on the box have been installed incorrectly from factory,
Any ideas if the would be an easy fix, would there be fuses on the main board or will it be a return and possibly argument with them
Many thanks

removing the bottom cover and following the wires back the pv connections on the box have been installed incorrectly from factory,
Are you sure? That would be a major mistake for the manufacturer. It would be more likely that you have confused which end is which.

Are you sure? That would be a major mistake for the manufacturer. It would be more likely that you have confused which end is which.
I have two units side by side the incorrect unit on the negative pv outside cable it connected to the inside positive pv connection, on the other correct working unit there plus to plus

I have two units side by side the incorrect unit on the negative pv outside cable it connected to the inside positive pv connection, on the other correct working unit there plus to plus
If you are sure that it's defective. I would definitely return it. I'm sure that they will want to know about the mistake. It would more than likely not be an isolated incident. And they will have to replace multiple units.

The unit has two mppts so I connected that one how I thought it should be from the inside diagram wires opposite and it works fine so I’m guessing that’s the first one fired wonder if that’s an easy,
I’ve connected them explaining and a video showing and there taking again to reply and getting to check again 3 times now, but with out the unit I have no power so I’m a bit stuck,
But from the mc4 pic on my inverter I have a positive connection one the positive in put

The unit has two mppts so I connected that one how I thought it should be from the inside diagram wires opposite and it works fine so I’m guessing that’s the first one fired wonder if that’s an easy,
I’ve connected them explaining and a video showing and there taking again to reply and getting to check again 3 times now, but with out the unit I have no power so I’m a bit stuck,
But from the mc4 pic on my inverter I have a positive connection one the positive in put
Oof. This is a hard paragraph to read.

Can you post pics of the issue here?

Back