diy solar

diy solar

My 2x Daly Smart BMS are now cabbages

Freshwaterdiver1

Guys - as some had questioned earlier about Daly BMS reliability, I disappointedly have to say that my 2x Daly 100 Amp "Smart" BMS are now cabbages.
I've had them 10 weeks? Whilst the first BMS was showing signs of fail, Daly gave me a Hardware update inc. software version 1.2.5. for both units. I have 2 separete battery banks.
At 8 weeks in, the 1st one decided not to accept a charge but allowed power out and gave out its readings from the CAN BUS unit to PC until it died altogether. The 2nd unit has started to go the same way. Be wary of Daly :-( I have been in discussion with Daly about this - its on-going.

I can add that software version 1.2.5 is NOT in English regardless of language selected China/English button. Daly do not seem to understand this issue either!

keep us updated; what is the specific model of smart bms you have? daly does have a variety of bms units that, well, its hard to tell whats what.
There is the dumb version, smart version, extra smart pro version...and of course the ...
super deluxe, nano infused, next generation, mobile optimized, infinite quality, please buy me, BMS model
( and probably no real differences hehe)

keep us updated; what is the specific model of smart bms you have? daly does have a variety of bms units that, well, its hard to tell whats what.
There is the dumb version, smart version, extra smart pro version...and of course the ...
super deluxe, nano infused, next generation, mobile optimized, infinite quality, please buy me, BMS model
x2

interesting.. I have seen daly smart, daly regular, and daly superior... no idea there is an "X2" model??
was that from aliexpress?

or do you mean a 24V smart daly 100A? I have one of those and its been working fine (which includes me abusing the thing by yanking out the balance leads often hehe).

interesting.. I have seen daly smart, daly regular, and daly superior... no idea there is an "X2" model??
was that from aliexpress?

or do you mean a 24V smart daly 100A? I have one of those and its been working fine (which includes me abusing the thing by yanking out the balance leads often hehe).
He is agreeing with you, as a "what he said"

Sorry for the delay guys - the Model is the Smart Lifepo4 8s 24v 100A Common Port with Balance (the small print says R16A-GB16) and connections NTC / Light Board / UART /Can | 485. The update is that i have recieved a long awaited for replacement unit, BUT it is basically dead.
Its small print says (R25A-GE0B)
Resistance is meant to be around .20 i think the destructions state - photo attached from the filming i'm doing.
No power out and no power accepted in. But its weird. It shows the cell voltages fine!
Photos attached of the errors their software has reported in the left hand window!
It wont accept my programming either. Hope this is useful.

Attachments

• Replacement BMS Programming page1.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page1.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Replacement BMS Programming page2.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Replacement BMS Programming page3.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page3.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 7
  • The Resistance reading is not right here1.jpg
    The Resistance reading is not right here1.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Sorry for the delay guys - the Model is the Smart Lifepo4 8s 24v 100A Common Port with Balance (the small print says R16A-GB16) and connections NTC / Light Board / UART /Can | 485. The update is that i have recieved a long awaited for replacement unit, BUT it is basically dead.
Resistance is meant to be around .20 i think the destructions state - photo attached from the filming i'm doing.
No power out and no power accepted in. But its weird. It shows the cell voltages fine!
Photos attached of the errors their software has reported in the left hand window!

Attachments

• Replacement BMS Programming page1.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page1.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Replacement BMS Programming page2.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Replacement BMS Programming page3.jpg
    Replacement BMS Programming page3.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 2
  • The Resistance reading is not right here1.jpg
    The Resistance reading is not right here1.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 2

Back