diy solar

diy solar

my experience Santan used Trina panels

kdiver58

I just finished testing 17 - 250 watt solar panels I picked up at Santan's Savannah facility. Very happy: At solar noon each panel output between 212.5 worst and 227 watts best. For September I thought that was good. Just FYI . I've bought 33 panels from then and have had no duds so far.

That's pretty good, I think. I typically get about 77% out of mine on a good day. I have 9 setup 3S3P and the biggest number I have seen this year is 1748w, but my batteries are usually full before I get max sun. Did you have the angle and direction optimized?

That's pretty good, I think. I typically get about 77% out of mine on a good day. I have 9 setup 3S3P and the biggest number I have seen this year is 1748w, but my batteries are usually full before I get max sun. Did you have the angle and direction optimized?
Yes .. I had it set up so that I could rotate and tilt. But I have been told the meter can be off by 5%.

Last edited:
Nice! Mine are facing southeast at 10 degrees (garage roof), so not the best (or even good) for Texas.

I've had a dozen installed for 2 years now. They always produce as expected. I have even seen them produce more than the sticker rating.

Current weather conditions are the only factor. Cracked back has zero reduction in production for my set.

Back