diy solar

diy solar

Need a teacher please

I watch a lot of HVAC repair videos on Youtube and the technicians frequently reflect on thermostat settings, indicating that these systems aren't meant to be running at temperatures lower than 68 deg F. I wonder if you may have uneven airflow in the various parts of the house causing you to have to lower the overall thermostat to compensate? We have one bedroom on a longer run that doesn't get as cold as other rooms, but we were able to tweak the registers to provide more airflow to that bedroom.

That's just dumb, running 24/7 heat one room and artic conditions in the remainder of the home??

I've lived in the south for 30 years now and 74 is COLD

You need to find a middle ground with the habitants, or not an just understand the cost

This is NOT a home solar will ever lower your costs for.
I’m sorry, I do not see anything in his post that states part of the house is kept at one temp, and part at a different temp…

He said he sets the ac during the day one temp, and turns it down to sleep.

He then says when it is cold outside, the heat is set to 66…

74 is CERTAINLY not cold in a house that has poor humidity control, and poorly insulated attic spaces radiating heat at you.

If 74 FEELS cold to you, either your house has excellent humidity control, or your body type isn’t as affected by humidity.

Newb here - Sure seems like an energy audit first, and given what he says about the water heater perhaps an on-demand tankless water heater (gas preferably)

I would bet a lot of insulation is needed in the attic and walls since he lives in Arkansas it shouldn't be that hard to keep the home at a reasonable temperature for a much cheaper cost.

Back