diy solar

diy solar

Need help with a Vestwoods VT48100B

rj86

Just wondering has anyone purchased this battery yet or at least knows anything about it? Just picked up one off of amazon and can't seem to find any documentation on this thing other than the little manual it came with. Looking to at least figure out what the BMS is capable of before I add it to my system. Vestwoods website has no mention of it even existing.

Hoping to reignite this post. Made a quick video opening up the battery to see what I got. Need some help trying to identify what kind of BMS I am dealing with here. First impressions look ok for the unit's price point. Let me know your thoughts on this battery.

HD may not be fully processed yet as of posting this but should be done soon. Sorry if you only see 240p right now

Check out my video here:

I'm curious on this one as well. It needs the Will Prowse treatment. I have some amazon store credit left over that I need to use and this is pretty much the only 48v server rack battery on there at prices approaching other stores. I'm assuming it's very similar to all the other server rack batteries available off of amazon, but that could be a fatal mistake.

I'm curious on this one as well. It needs the Will Prowse treatment. I have some amazon store credit left over that I need to use and this is pretty much the only 48v server rack battery on there at prices approaching other stores. I'm assuming it's very similar to all the other server rack batteries available off of amazon, but that could be a fatal mistake.
Started another thread - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/need-confirmation-that-i-am-not-an-idiot.44104/

Didn't go so well, I purchased the unit under the impression it was a 16-cell unit, and it's really a 15-cell unit.

Circuit board of VT48100B began smoking, cust svc talked good game but not walked, ie, said they'd help but did nothing, so I REMOVED THE CIRCUIT BOARD and connected the big leads.

Anyone got any words of caution? Battery seems fine. Switch still works too. Stupid circuit board nonsense.

I got one of these. Similar situation. All of the transistors behind that fan on the front blew.

But my frown was quickly turned upside down, sort of. The seller gave me a full refund without much trouble but on top of that he didn't require me to send back anything.

As far as I can tell the cells are fine. I just need to put a new bms on it, I think.

Anyone have a recommendation on a bms for this? I have two eg4 48v batteries coming in. It would be nice if I could get this to play nice in parallel with those. Maybe if I put one more cell in there it would act close enough.

Back