diy solar

diy solar

What happened to the Vestwoods 8K Inverter?

That seems dubious with the fan's on the side with chromed steel grills. But I see that's what it says.

Maybe so. But the pictures they show in the manual is exactly what mine would look like also. The roof overhangs enough to protect it well enough. I may hold off a little while longer just to see if there’s more success with it. I did see another channel install it succesfully.

That seems dubious with the fan's on the side with chromed steel grills. But I see that's what it says.
Isn't that how all these outdoor ones are? with all of the electronics inside the sealed box connected to a heatsink that is the only exposed part in the back?
eg4 18kpv etc are like that too. (Their fans are better placed but still not dust proof which is part of ip65)
All of it is ip65 except for the fans <__<

It is this video:

At 18:19 he turns both breakers on. One to his inverter and one to his CLP. It’s a great video I’m just really trying to research this unit well because interested in purchasing.
Wills comment on that video says to get the sol-ark which is the same thing but with better software

Isn't that how all these outdoor ones are? with all of the electronics inside the sealed box connected to a heatsink that is the only exposed part in the back?
eg4 18kpv etc are like that too. (Their fans are better placed but still not dust proof which is part of ip65)
All of it is ip65 except for the fans <__<

Wills comment on that video says to get the sol-ark which is the same thing but with better software

He also says the sol ark is $7k this unit is <$2k.

He also says the sol ark is $7k this unit is <$2k.
Well if the 18kpv is out of your budget why not build some metal overhang/walls on the outside of your building for the inverters? shouldn't be more than a few hundred

Well if the 18kpv is out of your budget why not build some metal overhang/walls on the outside of your building for the inverters? shouldn't be more than a few hundred

Which inverters are you suggesting? I think by the time you add the cost of two inverters for the 120/240 split phase, pv disconnect, and any building materials you’re suggesting I think this 8k will still be more cost effective and convenient. Haven’t really looked into more complicated solutions because the convenience of this thing seems hard to beat for the price if I just have to fight with some settings.

Which inverters are you suggesting? I think by the time you add the cost of two inverters for the 120/240 split phase, pv disconnect, and any building materials you’re suggesting I think this 8k will still be more cost effective and convenient. Haven’t really looked into more complicated solutions because the convenience of this thing seems hard to beat for the price if I just have to fight with some settings.
Well your issues with some others like 6000XP and the SRNE 10k were just that they weren't outdoor rated?
Just suggesting a way to get around that.
The inverter you're after is still on ebay I guess if you really wanted it but the reviews seem terrible so not sure why you'd only want to go with that

The inverter you're after is still on ebay I guess
Signature is actually still selling it under the Vestwoods brand.

Signature is actually still selling it under the Vestwoods brand.

Yeah I think I’m just going to have to take the risk and see if it’ll work. For what it’s worth I called them this morning and straight up asked do they stand by it being a good product or not because it hasn’t received great reviews. They did admit the first units did have some issues but they do not receive calls for support for this unit anymore. Whether it’s because of low sales or just good reliability not sure, and I’m as skeptical as anyone, but I think enough time has passed I might be willing to try. If I ever do I’ll definitely come back here.

Yeah I think I’m just going to have to take the risk and see if it’ll work. For what it’s worth I called them this morning and straight up asked do they stand by it being a good product or not because it hasn’t received great reviews. They did admit the first units did have some issues but they do not receive calls for support for this unit anymore. Whether it’s because of low sales or just good reliability not sure, and I’m as skeptical as anyone, but I think enough time has passed I might be willing to try. If I ever do I’ll definitely come back here.
Why not get the updated one with touchscreen from watts247

please let us know how it works out. im very curious myself. hope it works out great for you!

I haven’t heard of this one. Thanks for sharing.
also if you are not in a hurry supposedly the new 12kpv will release soon and would be perfect for what we are both looking for. im trying to wait for it but still crickets just was told it wont be long

also if you are not in a hurry supposedly the new 12kpv will release soon and would be perfect for what we are both looking for. im trying to wait for it but still crickets just was told it wont be long
You got any links to this gossip? Curious as to whats coming. Im close to getting the 6000XP, but really want grid interactive ability.

It’s still junk.
I think there’s a handful of persistent owners that have been able to work through the bugs. Shame as the hardware itself seemed fairly promising
I would love to know who those owners are. Unfortunately I just bought one and cannot get any assistance on the unit from the vendor I purchased it from. We all know who that is🙂 but I would love to figure out how to set this up for grid tie and self-consumption

I would love to know who those owners are. Unfortunately I just bought one and cannot get any assistance on the unit from the vendor I purchased it from. We all know who that is🙂 but I would love to figure out how to set this up for grid tie and self-consumption

Have gotten confirmation from SS the CT arrows should actually face the inverter and not the grid as it is shown in the manual. This is only one of the issues however.

You got any links to this gossip? Curious as to whats coming. Im close to getting the 6000XP, but really want grid interactive ability.
if you just search 12kpv on the post will made when he took pics of it i found a comment that said they were in a hurry or wouldnt be long or something and i think it was a SS person if i remember correctly. but im not getting my hopes up... who am i kidding my hopes are already up... i need it asap. i cant hold off on upgrading much longer.

Have gotten confirmation from SS the CT arrows should actually face the inverter and not the grid as it is shown in the manual. This is only one of the issues however.
Awesome, that may explain why the SolarMan app shows me producing power back to the Grid when It has no PV or Battery hooked up, just the input from the main panel powering it =o)

I still have yet to get the firmware updated and get the latest menu settings so I can get this thing commissioned.

Awesome, that may explain why the SolarMan app shows me producing power back to the Grid when It has no PV or Battery hooked up, just the input from the main panel powering it =o)

I still have yet to get the firmware updated and get the latest menu settings so I can get this thing commissioned.
It may be able to operate without batteries but my guess is you would need one to make any progress with the software and just get it set up. Just seems like the unit is too finicky to know what to do without a battery connection. Hopefully not though. What issues are you having with the firmware?

Back