diy solar

diy solar

Need new BMS

LanduytG

Solar Enthusiast
The jbd 200amp 4s bms I have died. What is the latest and greatest bms to replace it with.

Greg

The jbd 200amp 4s bms I have died. What is the latest and greatest bms to replace it with.

Greg

You can't post that without at least giving us some idea of what happened to the BMS!
stirpot.gif

JBD is still a very good BMS. JK seems to be generating a lot of traffic in the past couple of months.

Greg

My system uses two 24 volt 100 amp the Overkill Solar BMS which is the JBD BMS with some minor tweaks. If the unit fails it will be replaced at no charge. I have been very pleased with the BMS. Currently they offer a 120 amp version for 12 VDC.

The JK BMS is interesting as mentioned. It also has versions with active balancing which is a plus. There are several threads on the BMS and I understand there is a 12 VDC version as well. From what I read it seems to be still in development in some respects as software goes, but would certainly look at it if looking for a new BMS. I think in time it maybe the BMS to go with.

Back