diy solar

diy solar

Recommend x2 bms for parallel setup

Gurusi

Hey, I have x2 jbd 200amp BMS’s paired to their own 16s 280ah packs with a view to parallel charge/discharge.

I found that only one would function (charge/discharge) unless I turn the other off, and then it would switch functioning over to that pack.

After emailing a few sellers I was told parallel is not supported (despite the manual stating it does and others on the forum confirming).

I was going to troubleshoot further and re enable the fet control, but have now given up.

Can someone please recommend a good 200amp+ bms that will be easy to setup with parallel packs?

Thanks!

Attachments

• C34D1A44-99F6-4870-9B4B-4A5418DC3B95.jpeg
    C34D1A44-99F6-4870-9B4B-4A5418DC3B95.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 11
From what you showed, it only has to do with mis-matched charge levels. They're describing one pack either pulling or sourcing too much current and causing the BMS overcurrent protection to kick in. I don't read in that two on separate packs cannot be paralleled.

From what you showed, it only has to do with mis-matched charge levels. They're describing one pack either pulling or sourcing too much current and causing the BMS overcurrent protection to kick in. I don't read in that two on separate packs cannot be paralleled.
i read the same way. i will attach the conversation.

i had them both hooked up, top balanced, but nothing worked for them both to draw amps or charge.

Attachments

• 3135A560-DFA0-4A98-B205-DDA252542BB5.png
    3135A560-DFA0-4A98-B205-DDA252542BB5.png
    560.9 KB · Views: 10
i read the same way. i will attach the conversation.

i had them both hooked up, top balanced, but nothing worked for them both to draw amps or charge.
That's really weird that they wouldn't cooperate. I wonder what parameter they think is going out of spec.

I have a 200A with 2A balancer JK BMS that I still need to attach to my CALB 180Ax2 24V pack. Will be pairing up with 2x24V 100AH Redodo batteries (made from 4 12V 100AH batts). Hope I don't run into the same issue.

That's really weird that they wouldn't cooperate. I wonder what parameter they think is going out of spec.

I have a 200A with 2A balancer JK BMS that I still need to attach to my CALB 180Ax2 24V pack. Will be pairing up with 2x24V 100AH Redodo batteries (made from 4 12V 100AH batts). Hope I don't run into the same issue.
Maybe someone has some magical wisdom!

If not I’m looking at a JK or a Daley maybe? I need to research a alternative that won’t let me down

Could it be that it’s because I have no master/slave can communication between packs and the inverters?

There is an expensive esp32 board, but I don’t want to double down for it not to work…

I think they are just worried about protection between the BMSs. They originally said same thing about the older JK BMS until it was pointed out if you put T-Fuse on each battery in the parallel bank there wouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise I would use a JK BMS. The "older" JK BMS is pretty cheap now even for the 200A version (around $107 USD last time I checked). They lowered the price after the newer JK Inverter version came out which has some more functionality especially if you want a closed loop system.

If its a disclaimer all good. But I can’t decide if there is something within preventing them from working in parallel.

Thanks will have a look and consider what brand to try next
I think they are just worried about protection between the BMSs. They originally said same thing about the older JK BMS until it was pointed out if you put T-Fuse on each battery in the parallel bank there wouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise I would use a JK BMS. The "older" JK BMS is pretty cheap now even for the 200A version (around $107 USD last time I checked). They lowered the price after the newer JK Inverter version came out which has some more functionality especially if you want a closed loop system.

Just a update for any one with similar issues. I finally got them to work by ensuring they were exactly 3v within each other and turning off the charge/discharge ports on both bms (before turning back on).

I am not sure if they will stop charging simultaneously if the 3v deviates again…

I may look into the jbd esp32 boards so that the inverters can charge based on can communication info

Just a update for any one with similar issues. I finally got them to work by ensuring they were exactly 3v within each other and turning off the charge/discharge ports on both bms (before turning back on).

I am not sure if they will stop charging simultaneously if the 3v deviates again…

I may look into the jbd esp32 boards so that the inverters can charge based on can communication info
Now that they're matched and connected, they won't deviate unless one of the BMSs cuts out, but I don't think that is likely. You're good to go!

Back