diy solar

diy solar

Need product recommendation for 10.8kW PV hybrid inverter

DeepCreek

I've read plenty and made my own matrix to compare hybrid inverters. But there's more knowledge here than I'll ever acquire, so I'm asking you for product recommendations. Local installers and online reps are quoting systems that are either top shelf or not what I need (I think). Here's my situation:
I have (24) CS3W-450MB-AG, Canadian Solar 450W bifacial panels. That's it, that's all I have at this point.
These are my needs/goals:
I live in the northwest on a farm so winter battery backup is my primary goal. My January usage is 2900kWh, monthly average is 1400kWh. But I think the best I could afford right now would something like 20kWh of storage. Would like to think I could add more in the future though.
I want to be grid tied, to help pay myself back for this investment.
I want to be able to charge batteries from the grid as well as PV.
Me needing winter backup is why I bought the bifacial panels, so they'll be ground mounted. I can place the mount in "full sun", snow would be the thing to consider. I don't feel I need power optimizers or micro-inverters in this case, the panels have 3 diodes right?
I need split phase, one way or another, mainly for the well pump.
I don't feel comfortable with an inverter that is only configurable via wireless. I want at least some physical user interface panel on the inverter.
I don't feel comfortable with an inverter that will only work with one battery brand.
I can place the mount within 400 feet of my main panel.

These are the models I've looked into and the blocking issues for me. Please correct me if needed or make a recommendation if you know of an inverter that will work for me:
Solark, top shelf price.
SolarEdge, no physical interface, requires power optimizers, only works with LG Chem batteries which have a high price.
Growatt MIN 11.4kW Single Phase Storage Hybrid Inverter, no physical interface, only works with Growatt batteries

Last edited:
Back