diy solar

diy solar

Needing long Y connector

I just bought about a half dozen 3 foot mc4 extension connectors (10 awg). It makes different hook ups easier for me, but my panels are portable and I do whatever hook up I need at the time. If I need to parallel two 100 watt panels to match my 200 watt panels it makes the reach easier.

These are longer, but are for 4p.

BougeRV Solar Y Branch Connectors Extra Long Solar Panel Parallel Connectors 1 to 4 Solar Cable Wire Plug Tool Kit (M/FFFF and F/MMMM) https://a.co/d/ctFO9RW

If I only needed M/FF but purchased the M/FFFF could I leave the other two connectors unused and be okay? Or should all 4 need to be used? Thanks!

If I only needed M/FF but purchased the M/FFFF could I leave the other two connectors unused and be okay? Or should all 4 need to be used? Thanks!
You would need to cap the unused ends. To protect from the weather. I use an MC4 connector that doesn't have the guts. And put a little silicone in the wire entry end.

I have some of those Bogue Y connectors, they're great. They're 1.5 ft long so you need 1.5 ft extensions to be exactly 3 ft. PM me if you want to make you a pair or stop by if you're ever in Sacramento.

Has anyone opened one of these Y connectors to see what it looks like inside? Is it just a regular MC4 connector with two wires crammed into a ferrule designed for one?

Has anyone opened one of these Y connectors to see what it looks like inside? Is it just a regular MC4 connector with two wires crammed into a ferrule designed for one?
The multi wire connection is made where the wires come together. Some are crimped, some are soldered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-111633_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-111633_Chrome.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220904-111716_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-111716_Chrome.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
Back