diy solar

diy solar

New at this, go easy on me!

Raderrods

I lost out on a deal on 4 100ah prismatic cells but was able to get 4 300ah cells, I have a Daly 100amp BMS, use will be powering 12v ham radios when power goes down. The equipment will never pull more than 25 amps. So if I build a 4S1P using the 100a Daly would it work?

Yes; you’re underneath the max Amperage rating for both battery and BMS ?????

That will work just fine. The BMS is sized for the charge/discharge, not necessarily for the battery. Though you do take the battery into account, meaning you wouldn't put a 120 amp BMS on a 25 Ah battery if you know you're going to pull 100 amps.

What would be a good dedicated charger for this setup, would like to use a 110v unit.

What would be a good dedicated charger for this setup, would like to use a 110v unit.

I'm using a converter from IOTA Engineering. While they have a module for LiFePO4 charging, it isn't clear if their charge profile is ideal/optimal. It seems like there is a lot of discontent with the charge profile for most LiFePO4 converters. If I were to do it again, I might just go with the AC-DC charger from Victron instead.

I don't use AC-DC charging that much in my system because the PV provides 99% of the charge that my LiFePO4 battery bank needs. So at this point, I don't really care about my converter as long as it isn't damaging my LiFePO4 batteries, and it isn't.

Back