diy solar

diy solar

New Battery Company

Startup with a 10 year warranty. ?‍♂️

"Max continuous discharge current 200A (1C)
Max continuous charge current (1C) 150A, Charge voltage 14.6V "

For a 300amp hour battery a c rate of 1 is 300 amps not 150 or 200.
That is worrisome.

"Life Span: >5000 cycles @80% - 30% DOD 0.5C, >2500 cycles DOD 95% 1C
Nominal life span 15 years. Standard Warranty 10 Years"
If true and they can survive to stand behind it, that is good.

From digging around I see that the guy behind the company is an electrical engineering who has come out of retirement to set the company up. Also has an RV!

I think it would be great if they sent one to Will Prowse with the understanding that he would capacity test it and inspect the internals.

Is lithium ion synonymous with lithium iron phosphate or Lifepo4? The label on the battery is lithium ion.
Their fine print call it lithium-ion phosphate.
Model No. KS300 Battery Type Lithium-ion phosphate (LiFePo4)

Last edited:
Is lithium ion synonymous with lithium iron phosphate or Lifepo4? The label on the battery is lithium ion.
No. Lithium Ion is a different chemistry.

My initial concern is the size of the battery terminals for a 300AH battery ..... but it kinda depends on what kind of current you plan to draw. I also don't like that it is a phillips screw.

SmoothJoey covered some of my other concerns with errors in the spec.

Do they even make LiFePO4 in 26650s?
I believe there’s a couple in my AIMS 12v100 amp battery. There were two different types of cells in it. If I remember right there was the 700s and the 650s. I thought it was a bit odd.

These liik alot like these

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.444c2435CETWN5

I would not buy one especially since label and description do not match.
Yes I agree. I think I have seen the one listed above on alibaba, and many people are trying to sell these under various names. Same case/volt meter/terminals.

That volt meter is a huge red flag with LiFePO4 as well. Considering that flat discharge curve, voltage is a horrible way to tell SOC. It is pretty useless. And that meter is low quality.

If the owner of the company is an electrical engineer, and he is using a $9 volt meter in his design, I wouldn't buy from him. Personally.

Do they even make LiFePO4 in 26650s?
Yeah they are common

I believe there’s a couple in my AIMS 12v100 amp battery. There were two different types of cells in it. If I remember right there was the 700s and the 650s. I thought it was a bit odd.
That is very strange. Do you have pictures of it? I have never seen multiple cell sizes in a drop in battery.

Startup with a 10 year warranty. ?‍♂️

"Max continuous discharge current 200A (1C)
Max continuous charge current (1C) 150A, Charge voltage 14.6V "

For a 300amp hour battery a c rate of 1 is 300 amps not 150 or 200.
That is worrisome.

"Life Span: >5000 cycles @80% - 30% DOD 0.5C, >2500 cycles DOD 95% 1C
Nominal life span 15 years. Standard Warranty 10 Years"
If true and they can survive to stand behind it, that is good.
I haven’t seen a spec sheet for LFP showing 5000 cycles at 80%DOD before...

Yeah they are common

That is very strange. Do you have pictures of it? I have never seen multiple cell sizes in a drop in battery.
The only pics I have are in my previous post about “What’s inside of an Aims 12v100amp battery”. I was able to zoom in on a pic and they are using 32700 and what I believe were 32650 together. Not 26700 or 26650.

Last edited:
Is lithium ion synonymous with lithium iron phosphate or Lifepo4?
LiFePO4 is a type of Lithium-ion battery technology, as is LiPO, LiMn2O4 (LMO), LiNiMnCoO2 (NMC) etc - it's the umbrella term.

I think 'Lithium-ion Phosphate' is a typo from a minimum-wage salaried marketing junior.

I do have to agree with @smoothJoey, not sure I would trust a 10-year warranty from a start-up, especially as newer battery technologies are already on their way.

Not sure I like those terminals either, they look like an accidental knock would pull them out - also, 300A through those terminals?

I am pleased to see a UK-based LiFePO4 battery manufacturer, though! :)

> LiMn2O4 (LMO) [tictag]

Have 168 cells (26ah) of LiMn2O4 for my new powerwall. All read 3.50vdc for the past few months and are in clean condition. Anyone have
specific recommendations for this chemistry?
VR
--

Model No. KS300 Battery Type Lithium-ion phosphate (LiFePo4)
Lithium-Ion just a generic term. They have to be LiFePO4 pretty much to match lead-acid voltage and charge voltage profile.

States " Cell combination 4SP 26650 3.2V 3200mAh " 26650 cells. This a lot of parallel cells, 94 parallel X 4 series stack, for total 376 cells.

Parallel cells are not necessarily a bad thing if they are matched. Tesla has about 8000 16650 cells with a lot in parallel.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back