diy solar

diy solar

NEW CHARGERY MANUAL NOW ONLINE - THX JASON AND @STEVE_S

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
I'm as excited as a virgin on prom night !!

The new updated ver 4.00 Chargery manual (earlier was v3.02) is online and with great improvements. Our own @Steve_S did a phenomenal job working with Jason (Chargery) to help take a good manual - update it - add excellent pictures and add a smoother narrative.

SO with that done hoping that soon (@Craig / @Will Prowse / @Steve_S ) there is a detailed video on how to set this system up ... of course the damn thing has about 1000 things it can do so may have to be a 4 part video -- :)

Anyway - its an excellent BMS and excellent customer service - both by JASON and also our friend to the north - @Steve_S

My boss just got his personal one in yesterday that Jason shipped so the updated manual was perfect timing.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks to all!

A couple of questions:

1. p18 Indicates the BMS requires an external power supply in a 4s (12V) configuration, but not in an 8s (24V) configuration. Is this true?

2. p19 Diagram of a single BMS with two batteries. Can the BMS manage two such batteries in parallel?

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks @ghostwriter66 but I don't do videos.

I know Will Prowse mentioned he was getting one (Chargery BMS) and apparently got it a while back, I figured he would do a video about it.
I aimed Jason Wang from Chargery at Will a couple of months back, as well as Dongya Manufacturing (Energy Saver Relays) and even Allen from LieChuangTec (SSR Manufacturer who whipped up 500A & 1000A SSRs with 10m Lugs) which Craig initially found and then I got onto Allen for the Large Lugs HD SSRS.

REF's for the curious:
Energy Savers:
https://en.cndongya.com/dh150-250-high-voltage-dc-contactor/high-voltage-dc-contactor-dh200h.htm NOTE: They do NOT retail. MOQ of 30 or or more, they can do samples.

SSR's see the new 500A & 1000A

1. p18 Indicates the BMS requires an external power supply in a 4s (12V) configuration, but not in an 8s (24V) configuration. Is this true?
The BMS requires 15-30V, so a 12V pack is not capable of providing the required voltage. I know it's there because I put it in several spots.
The BMS8 can handle 8 cells. BMS16 can handle 16 cells (better as each 8 cell segment has it's own negative line as well.)
The standard basic configs that have been used are shown. Of course the "topology" varies relative to the cell type being used and how they are configured. BTW: This is not a tech support thread.

I'm as excited as a virgin on prom night !!

The new updated ver 3.04 Chargery manual (earlier was v3.02) is online and with great improvements. Our own @Steve_S did a phenomenal job working with Jason (Chargery) to help take a good manual - update it - add excellent pictures and add a smoother narrative.

SO with that done hoping that soon (@Craig / @Will Prowse / @Steve_S ) there is a detailed video on how to set this system up ... of course the damn thing has about 1000 things it can do so may have to be a 4 part video -- :)

Anyway - its an excellent BMS and excellent customer service - both by JASON and also our friend to the north - @Steve_S

My boss just got his personal one in yesterday that Jason shipped so the updated manual was perfect timing.

Hi, the link is not working. Please repost. Thanks.

@Will Prowse @Craig @Steve_S @Supervstech -- hey guys for some reason my messenger is not working so have to use this ... JASON (chargery) is trying to join the forum but apparently China is blocking his Google authenticator app ... Can we do anything to help him get on this forum ?? His email is jasonwang3a@163.com .. have no idea why my messenger is not working - sorry ... my shift is about over so heading to bed soon -- once again - excellent job on the manual Steve_S ...

Last edited:
@Will Prowse @Craig @Steve_S @Supervstech -- hey guys for some reason my messenger is not working so have to use this ... JASON (chargery) is trying to join the forum but apparently China is blocking his Google authenticator app ... Can we do anything to help him get on this forum ?? His email is jasonwang3a@163.com .. have no idea why my messenger is not working - sorry ... my shift is about over so heading to bed soon -- once again - excellent job on the manual Steve_S ...
I have zero IP or spam blocks on my end. Not sure why his authenticator app would not work.

I have zero IP or spam blocks on my end. Not sure why his authenticator app would not work.
In exchange with Jason ATM, he can't download anything from Google, it's blocked for him. Wasn't it just an email verification once you create the account ? If indeed an external App is needed then it may explain why there are almost no vendors / suppliers on here. Seems a "Handicap"

BTW EVERYONE, Version 4.0 of the Manuals replaced V3.04

What changes made in Version 4.0? Is there an note on revisions? This might be something to add so someone could reference to the updates faster if it might be of some importance. Mostly here I understand is just wording edits.

In exchange with Jason ATM, he can't download anything from Google, it's blocked for him. Wasn't it just an email verification once you create the account ? If indeed an external App is needed then it may explain why there are almost no vendors / suppliers on here. Seems a "Handicap"

BTW EVERYONE, Version 4.0 of the Manuals replaced V3.04

If you remember you have to use a Google Authentication and in China they won't allow that -- I'm going to say that the folks in China that can is using a VPN - which again - in China - is illegal ...

Excellent work Steve_S. Thanks for this and all the sound advise on this forum.

Back