diy solar

diy solar

New from Arlington, Washington State

Dinky

Hello Folks,
I built a 24' by 44' Greenhouse for my wife. I know nothing about solar excepting the information from Will's videos. I saw the 100 AH SOK Batteries are back in stock so I bought 2 of them. That is all I have for now. I am thinking of getting a 400 watt 4 panel kit. Having trouble deciding, we have low light and cloudy conditions here in Western Washington, so I am looking for the best panels for these conditions. The pump and the fans will only be run intermittently. Right now I have a small 12 volt seaflo water pump Model 55, and am thinking about getting a couple of 12 volt greenhouse exhaust fans, and a few lights. The lights will be used for working not growing so no high intensity stuff. It would be nice to have an inverter, the barn is 1/4 mile from power, so I use a generator down there. Anyhow I joined to get some tips and have some fun here.
12 volt Pump =Max Amp Draw 18.9 A
2 12 volt green house exhaust fans =DC 12 Volts; 1.1 - 5.0 amp operating x2
Lights ? What works best for work lighting
Thank you kindly!
Kind Regards,
Steve

Hey Steve, I just escaped Bellevue a few months ago, but headed back to PNW to find cooler weather. Maybe I'll stop by for a brew :D

My initial concern is the pump current draw vs just the 2 100ah batteries to power through the later hours.

Is the pump going continuous or duty cycle?

It is continuous duty, but only used 1/2 hour a day. It is set up with an accumulator tank. Is it OK to post links on here?

Is it the Hooters calendar? :D Ya post links

That .5 hour isn't much, but if you have fans and lights going at night, and the pump kicks on in the AM before the sun comes up, could be a problem with low batts.

Back