diy solar

diy solar

New LiFePO4 "mini" small form factor batteries with pack cell block cell units - WWWS (what will Will say)

Just received the DC HOUSE battery. Voltage was at 13.08. About 20ish % charge. Construction spec shows 4P4S. It is on the power supply. Will run a discharge test when full and report back. Price to the door was 246.66.

Last edited:
This is the PQ Mini I just bought a set my second mini. With the coupon until Sept 18th, it is about $233 before tax.

That’sa good deal. About $2.50/Ah after tax.

I ended up with a different battery. 12v 200Ah Powerurus. Bluetooth 200A BMS (built by Roypow), low temp protection (essential for my use case), free shipping, free charger, better build quality, NO TAX. $3.65/Ah but worth every penny for better quality and features.

This is the PQ Mini I just bought a set my second mini. With the coupon until Sept 18th, it is about $233 before tax.

Damn they are getting real cheap now. Makes me want to get a pair and then series them with my two Redodo minis for a super compact 48v 100ah battery. My understanding is they all come out of the same factory.

So the packout rolling toolbox has room for three of the minis...could be the basis of a nice 3.6 kWh rolling power station.

20230914_141957.jpg

Can any more fit on top and still close the lid?
Unfortunately not, about 5" clearance from top of battery to lid. The cellphone 0.6x lens makes it look like it's deeper than it is.

Thinking if I get a third then parallel them as 12V 300Ah and then have a 12V multiplus 2 mounted to the pull out handle.

Unfortunately not, about 5" clearance from top of battery to lid. The cellphone 0.6x lens makes it look like it's deeper than it is.

Thinking if I get a third then parallel them as 12V 300Ah and then have a 12V multiplus 2 mounted to the pull out handle.

Sounds like a cool plan. The multiplus are nice.

Update on the DC House battery. The first battery was delivered in three days. Testing showed 65 amp hours second test 67 amp hours.
Contacted the supplier. ( This was all through Amazon) After discussion on the issue I was offered a refund or replacement. I opted for replacement.
It was delivered in three days. This one tested at just short of 105 amp hours. There is little doubt that this battery is pouch cells as the paperwork showed 4P4S configuration.

Update on the DC House battery. The first battery was delivered in three days. Testing showed 65 amp hours second test 67 amp hours.
Contacted the supplier. ( This was all through Amazon) After discussion on the issue I was offered a refund or replacement. I opted for replacement.
It was delivered in three days. This one tested at just short of 105 amp hours. There is little doubt that this battery is pouch cells as the paperwork showed 4P4S configuration.
Was it this one here? I'd be wary of getting this brand with your 65Ah dud first time around:

Did you open up the underrated battery to show the pouch cells? I was wondering the same thing, what kind of cells? Any definitive proof?

That is actually awesome customer service as far as I can tell. Also you got a 67 amp hour unit you can parallel with the 105 that's 170 amp hours of capacity that's a pretty good deal.

Back