diy solar

diy solar

New no battery pure sine wave solar power system with smart switchers.

Almost home run have simulated P channel also driving the N channel on a second two FET board,

How to make this work the 555 timer main pin 3 square wave output goes directly to two diodes in opposing directions next each diode feeds a set of 50K to 100K potentiometers (resistors) next 800 ohm resistors on the four outputs going to the optic coupler LED inputs 😀

It is important to have four individual indepent controls because of different output levels from cross driving the FETs P & N channels, once you get it correct you can test and go with fixed resistors also remember to readjust the cycle frequency to 60Hz.

Need soldering on potentiometers and more benchwork, looks like a win coming for 100% solar panels usage with dual two FETinverters.💚

More soon

At least on the dual 24VDC bench testing two of the two FET inverters work great accessing the full power 100% of the time from the solar panels with inverted 60Hz signal to the secondary power board, have it working with four 50K potentiometers and only the primary 555 timer is running.

May in time combine this idea into a single circuit board 😀

Initial problems were with improper splitting the 60Hz signal and a missing negative ground on the N channel FET on the secondary board.

Once again a huge step forward looking forward to solar panel testing at dual 140VDC and 100% usage.💚

The logic is good and works well, next is to electrically test the new four FET board and make the nessassary improvements.

Confirmed one 555timer can easily run multiple systems (2 Confirmed) not yet tested but voltage says four separate sets of optic couplers should work nicely.

Two recent grid power outtages has convinced me to use one or two solar panels with regulator board to power the project system powerboard CPU and small fan, Don't like things going off when they don't have to. Best wishes.

More soon

Attachments

• 20240715_202106~2.jpg
    20240715_202106~2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Have received a new order of 10 optic couplers. Expect forward progress on the newest four 40N65 MOSFETs powerboard project.

Reconfigured old project power board should give me the answers that I am looking for in the new 555timer driver power board 😀

Have turned a corner with the two FET inverters that will soon double the power output from the solar panels inputs and big steps forward in driving multiple sets of MOSFETs for more amps.

More soon

Teaser photo turning a bench testing success into a real sweet inverter.

About 85% complete with the circuit board it will run dual inverters at 50% duty cycle and 180 degrees opposite direction the solar panels will be tasked 100% of the time.💚

Give me another week and I will post everything to Github and more.

Currently working on four FET 40N65 board with 555timer in progress.

Also working on pictured two N FET two P FET inverter with 555timer 60Hz driver signal, Bet this is a one of a kind inverter has not been tested before.

More soon

Attachments

• 20240717_231047~2.jpg
    20240717_231047~2.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 9
You should take a look at the previous circuit board layout, it's a big deal because it is totally synced and fully isolated design.

Several different ways outputs can be configured because they are synced.

More soon 😀

Transformer variable/ISO has arrived better than the one ordered, 20amp glass fused in orange case instead of 15.3amp in red case. Could work nicely in either role as main input or main output for the Project power system.

Arrived in great condition and has already passed full heater load testing, gets my full approval✨
Extreme value at $51.99! (Medical grade 15Amps ISOs cost around $700), comes with 4 extra 20amp fuses. May only fuse at 15Amps for increased safety on the Project power system. With the adjustment knob on the transformer you can tune/maximize operation of the natural power blender circuit.$💚

Still working on the big inverter board, had to expand the board slightly to add more traces, manual audit in small sections is proceeding well 😀

Attachments

• 20240721_203220~2.jpg
    20240721_203220~2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240721_203148.jpg
    20240721_203148.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Warning new adjustment transformer is not configured for isolation, Did not damage anything but also not working correctly.

May take another day to see if I can reconfigure or just need to swap back to the original 10 Amp ISO transformer.

From the owners manual, see where X is directly connected to X.

Sorry but working to find a solution, YouTube video showed true isolation except for the factory ground.

More soon

Attachments

• 20240723_071719~2.jpg
    20240723_071719~2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1
Only three wires attached to the transformer and two from a terminal clicks on safety, needs four wires from the transformer to be isolation transformer.

Going straight back to the 10amp ISO transformer, and sorry thought I had did my homework first about it being an ISO.

More soon

Important information about the New double board.

Circuit board is 167.64 mm wide and 127.00 mm tall.

How to jumper in the dual 140VDC solar inputs, the one top right negative has a rear trace that connects to the lower negative connection.

New look at the audited circuit board.
Lots of small changes, I have ordered 5 circuit boards give me some time and I will show you a working example and loads more information.

Best wishes More soon 😀

Attachments

• 20240723_230321~2.jpg
    20240723_230321~2.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240723_230531~2.jpg
    20240723_230531~2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 3
Have fixed a UPS to power 24/7 the Project system 16VAC CPU power transformer and speed controlled vent fan. 10amp ISO transformer is back at work pushing the secondary input to the power board.

No more day time shut downs because of grid power going off, Circuit boards for the new double inverter are one day away from shipping my direction.

May in time use the variable/ Auto transformer ability to push 130VAC output to boost the secondary ISO transformer voltage, Really happy at this point to just have it all working again with no damage.

So far so good, lots of bench testing/ assembly on the double board and the my way four MOSFET 40N65 power board 😀

More soon 😀

Last edited:
5 Circuit boards on the way, going to start a parts pull for the New double inverter.

UPS is working on the project system inverter CPU and fan ventilator.

Looking forward to this build, have already seen it work once on a dual 24VDC bench test excited about dual 140VDC solar input also testing the synced outputs.

More soon 😀

diy solar

diy solar
Back