diy solar

diy solar

New system - solark 15 kpv, eg4 18kpv

Your next question needs to be with your AHJ and finding out if they are easy to work with or have tough requirements.

Did I read it correctly you have 5,say it again,5 daughters !!! + wifey. Oh... the sympathy for you on the years ahead ! Have you purchased the ole rocking chair and shotgun combo packages available for those ... dating years?! Long hot baths/showers,blow dryers,curling irons,etc,etc oh you poor man!!!

Did I read it correctly you have 5,say it again,5 daughters !!! + wifey. Oh... the sympathy for you on the years ahead ! Have you purchased the ole rocking chair and shotgun combo packages available for those ... dating years?! Long hot baths/showers,blow dryers,curling irons,etc,etc oh you poor man!!!
So true. people keep asking, are you gonna try for a boy...hell no, will just be another girl

Good new. got my permit to start the install, all it took was a phone call and a permitting fee. Panels ordered, s5 clamps and wire, inverters and diy batteries next. I have found a local electrician who has offered to do whatever I need.

Good new. got my permit to start the install, all it took was a phone call and a permitting fee. Panels ordered, s5 clamps and wire, inverters and diy batteries next. I have found a local electrician who has offered to do whatever I need.
Sounds like your on your way.

I have a SolArk 15 and plan on using two EG4 PowerPro (Lithium Iron Phosphate) 14.2kW batteries with a 10.4kW solar rooftop array, I went with the EG4's to keep it simple and because they can be externally mounted next to the SolArk 15. They are heavy (300#) but easy to parallel. Building your own using 48v rack-mounted batteries or even individual cells like NobodBusiness recommends will work but increase complexity and time. In my case I would have had to put them in a crawls space and my back preferred the externally mounted options of the EG4 powerpro.

If your girls are constantly using a dryer you might consider a heatpump dryer. Cost twice as much but use MUCH less juice and don't need a vent so you can put it anywhere that has a drain. Also easier on the clothes. Does take a bit longer to dry but I have three of them now and love them. My favorite is the LG Washtower

I have a SolArk 15 and plan on using two EG4 PowerPro (Lithium Iron Phosphate) 14.2kW batteries with a 10.4kW solar rooftop array, I went with the EG4's to keep it simple and because they can be externally mounted next to the SolArk 15. They are heavy (300#) but easy to parallel. Building your own using 48v rack-mounted batteries or even individual cells like NobodBusiness recommends will work but increase complexity and time. In my case I would have had to put them in a crawls space and my back preferred the externally mounted options of the EG4 powerpro.

If your girls are constantly using a dryer you might consider a heatpump dryer. Cost twice as much but use MUCH less juice and don't need a vent so you can put it anywhere that has a drain. Also easier on the clothes. Does take a bit longer to dry but I have three of them now and love them. My favorite is the LG Washtower
Really appreciate the recommendation on HP dryer

$75k for micro inverters seems expensive. Enphase IQ8H Microinverter $250 each 540-watt panel is $259 each. That comes out to about 26k for 50 panels. Rest is just wire, mounting hardware, disconnect fused box, and combiner box, and conduit. Permit design through greenlancer $500-700 probably less. Get someone to help mount them if you have property do a ground mount lot easier. 1-1 net meter is good you get grandfathered in for 20 years although I would look at the interconnect agreement close. Just buy a generac 26k generator for backup how long does the power stay out? With 1-1 you use the utility as a battery storage not backup. 26k Generac with an auto transfer switch about 9k installed. Probably have to connect the microinverter ahead of the transfer switch on the line side of the main service. That way with the auto transfer switch turns on the generator the microinverters stay off so they don't backfeed the grid during an outage.

Last edited:
Back