diy solar

diy solar

Nickel Fuses - Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Modular Hippo

what is the general feeling in relation to Nickel Fuses (2P) - Looks like I would save myself a ton of work..... thumbs up up thumbs down? If thumbs down then what is the main reason?:)

NICKEL FUSE 2P.png

Do you have a 1930’s fusebox you mean?
Hi 12VoltsInstalls,

Sorry, don't know what a 1930's fusebox is. This is a nickel strip that individually fuse 18650 batteries. I am currently building a 14S 40+P battery and trying to establish if this is a good alternative to fuse wires etc.

They seem to have no problems. At least not that I have heard.
Hi TimesElectric, thank you for feedback as valuable - Believe can only be ordered from across the pond (US) so though I check if anyone had heard anything negative about them:)

Nickel and Pennies went straight over my head:)
When the fuse keeps blowing old timers in the olde times would put a coin in these instead of fix it or not using so many amps on one circuit.
This pic has plenty of circuits but a lot of houses didn’t even have panels and would have only two or three fuses for an entire house with bare ended cloth-covered wires going into open porcelain screw-in fuse holders in the basement stairwell, with 15 14ga neutrals tied to a 12ga conductor thst found it’s way to the meter socket neutral… Good times!IMG_7522.jpeg

Back